Midlands State University (MSU)
DUE: 09 FEB 2024
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post:
DIVISION OF STUDENT AFFAIRS
POST: RESIDENCE FULL TIME WARDEN
The role of the Residence Full- Time Warden is to assist the Residence Coordinator in the management of off campus residents and the management of warden’s thereof. The Full time warden is expected to develop and implement proper off campus residential systems. The role includes proper record keeping of tenancy records as well as any other matters pertaining to assistance of off campus residential services to students.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A relevant first Degree preferably in the Social Sciences/Business Sciences Degree or related area.
- At least 2 years relevant experience coordinating students’ residences or other relevant duties within Student Affairs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist the Residences Coordinator on the welfare and discipline of students;
- To assist the Coordinator in holding meetings with Municipality authorities, community leaders, church; elders, landlords and residents concerning accommodation of students;
- To assist the Coordinator in creating a systematic data-base for all students outside campus;
- To liaise with the community on behalf of the University on the welfare of non-resident students;
- Assists in selection of sub-wardens and area committees;
- To establish contractual agreements with landlords and creating a register of landlords;
- Planning programmes and activities to improve the life of students in consultation with the Residences Coordinator;
- Compiling monthly reports on off-campus activities;
NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resource)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format.
The closing date for this advert is 09 February 2024.
Applicants should clearly state the post being applied for in the subject line.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.