Midlands State University (MSU)
DUE: 09 FEB 2024
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post:
HEALTH SERVICES DEPARTMENT
REGISTERED GENERAL NURSE (Gweru x 3, Zvishavane x2)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Registered General Nurse with a Diploma / Degree in General Nursing.
- A post-basic qualification is an added advantage
- Applicants should be registered with the Nurses Council of Zimbabwe and in possession of a valid practising certificate.
- Forensic training for dispensing an added advantage
- 2 years’ experience as a Registered General Nurse
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Patient consultation, examination, diagnosis and treatment being assisted by the University Doctors as necessary.
- Dispensing of medicines, patient counselling, compiling statistics and emergency response.
- Ensuring compliance to effective infection prevention and control systems
- Provide holistic nursing which meet the patient’s physical, psychological and social needs.
- Maintain confidential, detailed and accurate records of patients’ conditions, diagnosis and therapeutic interventions done.
- Ensure the clients gain access to services they require and that the care needed is well coordinated e.g. proper referral system
- Attend student trips, sports events and other University events as health/emergency personnel.
- Any other clinical/nursing duties as assigned.
NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resource)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format.
The closing date for this advert is 09 February 2024.
Applicants should clearly state the post being applied for in the subject line.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.