Midlands State University (MSU)
DUE: 31 JAN 2024
POST B: LOSS CONTROL ASSISTANT (3 Posts)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERINCE
- Diploma or Degree in Risk / Security Management.
- 5 ‘O’ levels subjects including Mathematics and English
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar post.
- At least 1-year retail experience in a retail environment will be an added advantage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting the Loss Control Supervisor with the day-to-day risk management aspects of the store and drive the shop’s productivity and ensuring appropriate strategies to eliminate, avoid or minimize the impact of risk to the allocated shop.
- Must minimizing store’s loss of inventory due to theft, error, shoplifting, or fraudulent activity.
- Furthermore, the incumbent is responsible for assisting in protecting company assets and maintaining or improving store profitability by implementing security and safety programs for employees and customers.
- Monitoring adherence to a standard operating procedure to avoid cases of shoplifting, vandalism, counterfeiting, robbery, burglary, and store safety.
- Constantly liaising with all departments and ensure that losses through expiries, shop lifting, and theft by staff, breakages and production shrinkage are maintained within the targeted levels.
- Ensures the effective implementation of all approved controls are aimed at minimizing shrinkage.
- Ensuring that controls are adhered to during the movement of stock, from receiving, warehousing, merchandising and transfers to other departments and other stores.
- Assists in overseeing the stock take processes, ensuring that the stock counts are done at scheduled dates, results of which are captured in accordingly.
- Managing expiries and breakages, ensuring stock integrity is maintained at all time
- Implements various techniques to reduce the possibilities of losses and the severity of losses through identifying, assessing and controlling threats to the store’s earnings and assets.
- Conducts regular reviews of the store processes and systems, and advice on appropriate risk management mitigation measures to the store management.
- Effectively implement processes to avoid cases of criminal offences.
- Implement plans to protect the buildings and grounds from physical damage, including their contents, occupants and customers.
- Conduct regular patrols in and around the building to check on security of the store and its contents.
- Effectively display time management, initiative, teamwork and communication skills, adhering to laid down procedures.
- Carrying out any other relevant functions as assigned
NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resource)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format.
The closing date for this advert is 31 January 2024.
Applicants should clearly state the post being applied for in the subject line. It should also be noted that non-adherence to any of the above instructions will automatically cause the application to be disqualified.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.