International Medical Corps
DUE : 09 SEP 2022
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
The WASH Coordinator will work within the overall country strategy and strategic objective to help design, implement, coordinate, manage, review and report on WASH interventions as well as the capacity building of local staff and stakeholders in WASH related topics that complement the overall objective of the program. The WASH coordinator will supervise field officers to ensure project deliverables are achieved. The job holder is expected to manage provincial and district level stakeholder relations and service providers.
Provide technical and administrative support throughout all stages of programming processes by executing/administering a variety of technical programme transactions, preparing materials/documentations, complying with organizational processes and management systems, to support progress towards the WASH-related outcome and/or output results in the country programme.
Work collaboratively with colleagues and partners to collect/analyze/ share information on implementation issues, provide solutions on routine programme implementation and alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level interventions and/or decisions. Keep records of reports and assessments for easy reference and/or to capture and institutionalize lessons learned.
Provide WASH sectoral leadership and expertise in relevant needs assessments and analysis.
Conduct design drawings for all mechanisation works.
Technical bid analysis for tender adjudication, drafting or reviewing of contracts for contracting, hold inception meetings with contractors.
To supervise construction works for all water and sanitation infrastructure, conduct certification of completed motorized piped water schemes, Hand Pumps and other WASH project interventions in collaboration with project stakeholders.
Troubleshooting of various motorized systems that would have been installed by IMC.
Coordinate, select and supervise the delivery of contract services by private contractors for borehole surveys, drilling, fishing & flushing, variety of motorized pump installation, dam rehabilitation and movable plastic tanks installations.
Provide technical support to other projects/grants.
Conduct water supply systems training sessions for manual and/or motorized/mechanised systems, pumps repairing, installation, maintenance, head works construction, water point user committees and any other related training aspects according to project objectives.
• Plan and manage WASH development and emergency programs in a phased and prioritised manner in full consultation and coordination with International Medical Corps staff and other agencies both government and non-governmental.
• Liaise and collaborate effectively with stakeholders including Ministry of Health and Child Care and other partners
• Organise with logistics and finance departments materials and support needed for all project activities.
• Budget holder responsibility pertaining to WASH activities on the project/s.
• Collaborate with MEAL unit to ensure appropriate supervisory, monitoring and evaluation systems for WASH interventions are in place.
• Monitoring WASH activities and ensuring high standard of implementation, and working collaboratively with MEAL unit as necessary (WASH software – community water and sanitation, and hardware).
• Good collaboration with other sectors to ensure integration is achieved in implementation (Nutrition, Health and other program sectors).
• Provide regular updates to the line supervisor, team and stakeholders on progress, priorities and constraints.
• Actively participate in meetings as necessary and give accurate, relevant updates to senior management.
• Participate in concept note development and proposal development for IMC Zimbabwe projects as required.
• Ensure representation and participation, and including attending stakeholder meetings, active participation at key WASH meetings (including DWSSC, PWSSC and other relevant meetings as required).
• Adherence to the requirements of the IMC Zimbabwe Community Based Feedback and Response Mechanisms (CBFRM) guidelines & procedures. The post holder will implement and take part in activities in line with the CBFRM guidelines.
• Has overall responsibility for ensuring field site’s commitments towards donors and IMC’s requirements on Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) requirements.
• Integrate MEAL into strategies, frameworks, activities and plans for the field site.
• Ensures country level Community Based Feedback and Response Mechanism (CBFRM) is functioning, and adequately resourced.
• Ensures all highly sensitive complaints and feedback from the CBFRM are addressed and closed appropriately.
• Raises profile/awareness and importance of MEAL with other senior management members through routine review and briefing sessions.
• Carry out any other responsibilities /tasks as deemed necessary by the line manager or their designate.
Code of Conduct
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report
• Bsc/BTech/Diploma in Civil Engineering/ Water Resources Management or closely related qualification.
• At least three (3) years’ experience in implementing Water Sanitation and Hygiene projects.
• Verifiable experience in the construction of boreholes, deep and shallow wells, mechanized piped water systems and other types of rural water supply systems.
• Verifiable experience coordinating and supervising contract services by private contractor for the construction of rural water supply systems.
• Experience in Community Based Management of WASH projects.
• Experience in managing/supervising a team.
To apply for this position please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter to email@example.com