Warehouse Supervisor || Matanuska
A leading producer, distributor and exporter of bananas and other fruit in Zimbabwe and South Africa is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced candidate for the role Warehouse Supervisor for our Bulawayo Depot
JOB TITLE: Warehouse Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Dept and Distribution Manager
To oversee and coordinate daily warehouse activities to contribute to business growth and profitability by ensuring product availability to meet daily customer sales demands in terms of product specifications, quantity, quality, day, and time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Product availability
1. Preparation and planning of daily, weekly, and monthly ripening cycles to consistently meet sales demand forecasts.
2. Ensuring 100% ripening rooms availability to meet production plans.
3. Communicating to the operations manager sales mix required by sales department for liaising with the farms.
4. Keeping track of critical inputs like ethylene, diesel, packaging etc to ensure cost control and zero stocks outs.
B. Quality management
1. Consistently meeting 100% channel specific product specification requirements in terms of class, size, and ripening stage and maintaining quality to defined minimum standards.
2. Implementing all depot SOPs including but not limited to receiving, ripening, stock control, waste and weight loss control, equipment, dispatching to sales to ensure expected quality outcomes.
3. Achieving 85% score on QA depot operations audits.
4. Ensuring that all ripening protocols are adhered to
5. Producing Corrective Action Reports (CAR) on quality variations and implementing preventative measures.
C. Stock control
1. Ensuring zero stock losses through theft by enforcing stock control SOPs and other systems including thorough weekly and monthly stock takes.
2. Daily analysis of the Sage Bulk Warehouse Report and promptly acting on variances.
3. Ensuring the Sage Bulk Warehouse Report and related stock control documents are reviewed and signed daily by the depot accounting officer and operations manager.
4. Ensuring all returns to the warehouse are accurately weighed and properly transferred into Sage Bulk Warehouse.
5. Ensuring waste is assessed by the operations manager and QA manager and authorized for disposal and correct procedures for disposal are strictly followed.
6. Carrying out stock takes per defined SOPs.
D. Packaging availability
1. Following up on packaging issued to Sales and following up on variances immediately.
2. Provide daily packaging report of bins/crates
3. Ensuring all empty packaging goes back to the farms to prevent harvesting stoppages.
E. Service delivery
1. Assisting to determine key customer service issues requiring improvement and driving change to improve overall customer service experience.
2. Executing depot service delivery targets as set out by the operations manager including but not limited to depot opening times, dispatches to sales, dispatching of transport inbound trucks.
3. Ensuring supplies to various farms that are organised through the depot are dispatched within set timeframes.
4. Provision of accurate information to other departments as and when required.
5. Communicating with sales in time regarding stock levels, ripening readiness for each channel and quality issues.
F. Facilities & Hygiene Management
1. Keeping depot premises in good image through maintaining good house-keeping standards, maintenance of buildings and livery as scheduled by the operations manager.
2. Executing equipment preventative maintenance plans as provided and guided by the operations manager.
3. Enforcement of security controls to ensure safety of assets, stock, and people.
4. Ensuring statutory licences are available and valid, and a renewal schedule is maintained.
5. Ensure strict adherence all cleaning protocols
G. Human resources supervision
1. Control of staff costs by ensuring staff complement is in line with volume and productivity targets.
2. Managing leave burden to reduce leave liability and to improve employee performance and productivity.
3. Staff productivity; discipline, motivation; welfare; training; succession planning and leave relief arrangements
1. The incumbent monitors, tracks and reports on all key performance indicators including, but not limited to warehouse stock levels, waste, and weight losses, returns received from sales, cold rooms capacity utilizations, equipment breakdown and maintenance history.
2. Analysing variances vs budgets on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis and taking prompt corrective actions.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as Warehouse Supervisor or Controller in FMCG industry, preferably dealing with perishables.
- Degree or Diploma in Warehouse Operations Management / Business Management / Supply Chain Management.
- Knowledge and experience in Sage.
- Excellent planning, organisation, and analytical skills as top skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of numbers for accurate decision making.