Zimbabwe Research and Education Network (ZIMREN)
DUE: 06 OCT 2023
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer and the incumbent will be responsible for the maintenance, configuration and reliable operations of computer systems, network servers, installation of upgrades, setting up disaster recovery systems and failover procedures, and ensuring backups are up to date.
- Installation and configuration of hardware and software
- Managing servers and technology tools
- Upgrading systems with new releases
- Building internal documentation manuals and IT rules
- Setting-up and managing appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery and failover procedures
- Capacity storage performance planning and monitoring
- Managing the Eduroam platform and other identity management systems and value added services
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent from a recognised university
- Minimum of 4 years of system administration, database and/or network administration.
- Experience with Linux, Microsoft operating systems and Active Directory and security models
- Certification in Linux, Microsoft or other related areas
- Experience with VMWare and Virtualisation
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware and networking protocols
- Strong project management, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.