Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology
DUE: 13 OCT 2023
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
The section leader will be responsible for performing maintenance/service as identified and requested to a required standard thereby ensuring machine availability Customer satisfaction and SHEQ effectiveness.
Key Performance Areas:
The section leader will be responsible for servicing customer equipment at Mimosa Mine. The various skills/competences are, among other things:
- Mature and self-disciplined and readiness to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Good route cause analysis and resolution techniques coupled with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Good supervision skills and a customer focus culture.
- Commitment to adhere to safety, health and environmental management procedures and standards.
- Ensuring that all maintenance work meets OEM Standards.
- Good at report writing, must be computer literate with knowledge of using excel spreadsheets, graph presentations and charts.
- Ensure that all Electrical Repair systems and procedures are followed.
- Ensure compliance with all employment, health and safety laws.
- You are responsible for your own development by following Sandvik’s leadership model.
The section leader is expected to have
- The Section Leader is expected to have Trade Certificate of Competence in either of the following (Diesel Plant Fitting, Auto Electrician, Millwright or Electrician), At least 6 post qualifying experience of which 2 must be at Supervisory or leadership position in a mobile equipment workshop.
- Knowledge of ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018
- Full physical & medical certificate to work in underground mining environment
- Shall be able to coach and/or train Artisans or Apprentices.
- Proven Competence in maintenance of Sandvik hard rock underground mining equipment.
Applications close: 13 September 2023