Gwanda State University
DUE: 13 OCT 2023
Research and Innovation Lead: Agriculture (1 Post)
Qualifications and Experience
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of BSc Degree in Biology/ Biotechnology/Crop Science/Animal Science/Food Science and an MSc Degree in Biology/Biotechnology/Crop Science/Animal Science/Food Science.
- The candidate should have a proven track record in multidisciplinary research, collaboration, and/or management of partnerships. The ideal candidate should have experience in interacting with students and/or teaching and learning.
- Should have a minimum of eight (8) publications or equivalent such as patents/industrial designs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing of innovation, as well as originating new ideas.
- Scouting and recognizing innovative ideas generated by other people, both within the university and external partners (entrepreneurs, industry) to identify Gwanda State University’s intellectual property (IP) with potential for commercial exploitation.
- Identifying strategies, business opportunities, and new technologies and developing new capabilities and architectures with partners and new business models to serve those opportunities.
- Draft and negotiate agricultural related licences, collaboration agreements, inter-institutional agreements, and other contracts related to the commercial development of intellectual property with both commercial partners and collaborating institutions.
Conditions of Service
Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. The information on salary and other benefits will be made available to the short-listed candidates.
Soft copies in a single continuous PDF file of each of the following: application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to:
Acting Senior Assistant Registrar
Human Resources Section
Gwanda State University
Epoch Mine Campus
P O Box 30
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday, 13 October 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.