DUE: 24 OCT 2023
Location: Harare, Sub Saharan Africa, ZW
Company: British Council
We support peace and prosperity by building connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and countries worldwide.
We work directly with individuals to help them gain the skills, confidence and connections to transform their lives and shape a better world in partnership with the UK. We support them to build networks and explore creative ideas, to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
Working with people in over 200 countries and territories, we are on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2021–22 we reached 650 million people.
Regional Exams Customer Experience Lead
To drive, coordinate and contribute to the development and implementation of customised policies, processes, and innovative solutions across the Exams business in SSA region using current and new technologies that thereby drive business recovery and growth.
The role will embed Exams initiatives ensuring that the Customer Service and Sales function delivers against its strategic customer goals and core KPIs across the SSA region. The post holder will implement infrastructure and technology solutions to support a holistic, agile, and robust customer-centric operation and manage region-specific projects, associated budgets, and resources.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
Implement customised policies, processes, and solutions across the Exams business
- Ensure that global policies and processes for Exams are followed and teams deliver to agreed KPIs
- Contribute to the design and development of policies, processes and solutions and ensure that regional specific context is suitably addressed
Implement infrastructure and technology solutions to support a holistic, agile, and robust customer-centric operation
- Develop and implement infrastructure and technology / innovative solutions which support regional objectives whilst being aligned to global strategic objectives
- Identify trends of customer behaviour that may influence the development of new products and services and changes in policy and customer service practice
Manage region-specific projects and associated budgets and resources to ensure appropriate return on investment
- Contribute to the development of Exams projects and where required, lead projects for SSA region and ensure that delivery and outcomes are in line with project management principles and standards
- Expand and embed the regional vision through ownership and management of initiatives like IELTS Counselling, specialisation, and sales conversion strategies
Relationship and stakeholder management
- Identify key stakeholders and build a clear understanding of their needs and expectations
- Work within the Regional matrix to support and work across the Regional Sales and Customer Management teams, Regional Exams Centre Management and Country leadership.
Finance and resource management
- Directly plan and control specific cost variables (rather than the total budget) to meet established targets, ensuring compliance with all relevant corporate financial systems and processes
- Using agreed financial procedures/templates, conducts monthly and year-end analysis and reporting on income and expenditure/profitability and risk/pipeline/actual performance versus plan targets.
Role specific knowledge and experience:
- Experience in developing and implementing infrastructure and technology solutions which support business objectives
- Project management experience including in management of budgets and resources to support project implementation
- Management of competing priorities to deliver effective and efficient solutions in a staged way
- Significant experience in ongoing management of contracts, SLAs, and solution maintenance
- University Degree or degree-level (level 5 or above) qualification, and/or equivalent professional experience
- Customer Service Professional Qualification
- Technical qualification such as Microsoft Azure Cloud certified, ITIL4 qualified
- Experience of working with leading and working with dispersed teams across a large country or region
- Service design experience
- Pay Band – BRC-7-F
- Contract Type – Two (2) Years Fixed Term Contract
- Department: Exams
- Locations: Candidates can be based in Zambia, Zimbabwe, or South Africa
- Language requirements: Minimum of IELTS Band score 7 (in each component)
- Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
- Regular domestic and international travel
- Closing Date – 24 October 2023 applications will close 23:59 South Africa Time
- Please ensure you include a supporting statement that highlights your skills, knowledge, and experience. This information will be used in the shortlisting assessment.
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Equality , Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Statement
The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment. We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.
Click here to apply