Ministry of Health and Child Care
DUE: 10 FEB 2023
The vacancies below have arisen in the Ministry of Health and Child Care under the Global
Fund HIV, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria grants. Applications are therefore being invited from
suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the posts
Reports to Provincial Medical Director (PMD)
1. Development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation strategies and frameworks for the province
1. Implement, and manage an M&E system that will generate timely information and feedback to stakeholders
2. Liaise and collaborate with staff of different departments at provincial level as well as with other partners of Ministry of Health and Child Care to harmonize M&E strategies and optimize health information systems
3. Provide information to key decision makers to communicate and facilitate efficient decision-making.
4. Compile, analyze and present data for reporting of program progress and impact, and quality assurance.
5. Capture lessons learned and best practices, documentation and dissemination of information, assisting developing presentations, abstracts, articles, etc.
6. Plan for and conduct monitoring activities and ensure accurate and timely reporting to line managers and national level.
7. Develop monitoring and evaluation capacity at provincial, district levels and facility level
8. Design and implement studies when necessary
Support and supervise the operationalization of M&E plans, assuring data quality through appropriate and feasible data collection methods, analysis and reporting.
1. A degree in Monitoring & Evaluation, Health Sciences or Social Sciences or Statistics or equivalent
Experience and skills
2. Minimum of 2 years experience in monitoring and evaluation preferably health programs.
2. Demonstrated understanding of and familiarity with a range of applied research and monitoring and evaluation approaches including health information and data management systems, and quality assurance.
3. Good working knowledge of descriptive, inferential and advanced statistics.Strong quantitative and analytical skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
4. Strong skills in MS Excel Word, PowerPoint and Access, and at least one data management software program (SAS, SPSS).
5. Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
Candidates who meet the requirements of the posts are invited to submit their applications
accompanied by CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 10 February 2023 to:
The Secretary for Health and Child Care
1st Floor Kaguvi Building
Corner Simon V Muzenda Street/Central Avenue
P.O. Box CY1122