Family Aid Caring Trust (FACT)
DUE: 10 NOV 2023
Family Aid Caring Trust (FACT) is a Christian national development NGO based in
Zimbabwe. It implements sustainable development initiatives to improve people’s livelihood,
Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH), HIV Prevention, HIV and AIDS care and support as well
as health activities
FACT seeks the services of a Provincial Team Lead in the USAID-funded Improving MNCH
services project’s goal is to Improve maternal, neonatal, and child health (MNCH) outcomes
through increasing access to quality MNCH services and strengthening as detailed below;
Position: Provincial Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer x2
Reports to: Provincial Team Lead
Station: Manicaland and Masvingo
Support the M&E Unit in defining and implementing the key project
performance indicators as well as monitoring them throughout the duration of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that the programme implements and maintains high quality M&E systems and
• Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by programs and to
verify the accuracy of reported data.
• Support and/or conduct data entry and cleaning of program data into program databases
such as DHIS2, and other customized project databases.
• Coordinate timely data collection for project indicators working together with MoHCC
officials, program staff and ensure that the data being collected is used to improve
programme management and implementation.
• Support FACT Zimbabwe with reliable and comprehensive analysis, visualization and
dissemination of the results and impact of the programme.
• Ensures that the M&E component of the programme are well defined, uses the most
efficient and effective approaches to demonstrate impact.
• Support weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual project progress reporting and any other
ad hoc reports.
• Review and analyze reports with the MEL Officer to identify the causes of potential
bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting.
• Support project CLA and knowledge management activities including leading provincial
and district project performance reviews and abstract writing.
• Assist in proposing strategies to increase data use and demand amongst program staff and
• Support project/program staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture
• Draft standardized tools and their revisions as well as data collection procedures under
the supervision of the MEL Advisor (eg. logical framework, project performance
tracking, indicators, data flow chart, M&E manuals)
• Ensure standard operating procedures (SOPs) and guidelines are followed and capacity
building of MoHCC.
• Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems
and propose solutions.
• Ensure that donor, partner, and Senior Management Team data queries are addressed in
an accurate and timely manner.
• Participate in the designing and conducting of programme assessments, surveys and
evaluations including baseline, midterm, and end of programme evaluations.
• Represents project MEL at provincial level forums, TWGs and other meetings.
• Identify and facilitate documentation of FACT Zimbabwe experiences, lessons learnt,
impact and best practices to facilitate ease of access to partners, stakeholders, and
members of the international community, researchers, and policy makers.
Qualifications and requirements:
• Degree in Social Science, Demography, Statistics, Public Health, Health Informatics or
Health Information Management.
• Experience in Public Health issues and information systems design and development.
• At least five years of experience of research and/or monitoring and evaluation, including
data collection, data processing, analysis, visualization, dissemination, and reporting.
• Experience in RMNCAH, logistics and supply chain and human resources for health is an
• A clean class four driver’s license is a must.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
• Knowledge of results-based management / performance management
• Ability to collate information from multiple sources and implement systems for data
• Ability to analyze, visualize, report, and disseminate quantitative and qualitative data.
• Able to work in diverse contexts and use computer-based packages such as SPSS,
STATA, GIS, Excel, PowerBI and use of ACCESS.
• Excellent written and oral communication, coordination, and presentation skills
• Takes initiative and demonstrates ability to work independently and under direction.
• Able to generate practical approaches to challenging situations.
• Recognizes and responds to ideas, interests, and concerns of others.
• Able to work long hours and travel outside duty station
1. Click here and complete the form not later than 10 November 2023 COB.
2. Send a detailed CV to email@example.com
Please ensure that both steps are carried out to complete the application process.
Background checks will be done for successful candidate to ensure child safeguarding
and protection in all our work. FACT commits itself to protecting children whom its staff,
volunteers as well as outsiders may get into contact with. The organization is mandated
to serve the best interest of all children through protection from abuse, harm and
exclusion, child participation and development in all its programs.
FACT is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in terms of race, tribe,
place of origin, political opinion, color, creed, gender, pregnancy, HIV/AIDS status or,
subject to the Disabled Persons Act [Chapter 17:01].
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be notified