Provincial Information, Communication Technology Officer (ICT Officer); PMD || Ministry of Health and Child Care
DUE: 10 FEB 2023
The vacancies below have arisen in the Ministry of Health and Child Care under the Global
Fund HIV, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria grants. Applications are therefore being invited from
suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the posts
Reports to MNCH Officer.
Summary of key functions
The responsibilities will include assisting in planning, designing, developing and maintaining networking, hardware and software applications to support implementation of Health Management
Information Systems in clinical and public health settings. The successful candidate must be able to design and implement ICT quality and security control systems. The successful candidate must also be
able to use a range of health ICT applications and be familiar with health information concepts, provide user support on hardware and software and train health workers on use of ICT in their work.
1. Provide day–to-day support for installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of various ICT software programs/applications
2. Provide day–to-day support for all ICT equipment such as network equipment, servers, computers, tablets and mobile phones including installation, preventive maintenance, trouble shooting and repairs.
3. Design and implement ICT quality and security control systems
4. In conjunction with national office plan, design, develop and maintain software applications to support implementation of Health Management Information Systems and other MOHCC ICT systems
5. Plan, build, maintain and upgrade existing and new MOHCC ICT systems.
6. Provide technical assistance and training to the system end users including
7. Supporting site training and roll-out of systems
8. Providing training to the staff members on the use of any new ICT programs or applications
9. Supporting development of user guides on information systems for use by other non ICT staff
10. Work with ICT team, other health workers and stakeholders to implement eHealth systems as part e governance programme.
11.Develop and manage work plans
12.Work with the MoHCC to assess opportunities for future related ICT interventions
13.Other duties as assigned
1. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
Willingness to travel frequently and at short notice
Experience and required skills
1. At least 2 years’ experience in ICT systems administration
2. Ability to model and represent systems effectively and creatively.
3. Knowledge and experience in using Software development
4. Knowledge and experience in setting up computer networks
(WAN/LAN) and server setup and maintenance.
5. Experience with hardware maintenance is an added advantage.
6. Ability to set and meet time-lines and deadlines
7. Fluent in English (excellent oral and written skills)
8. Strong communication skills, with experience conducting trainings
and delivering presentations on complex information to sizable
Candidates who meet the requirements of the posts are invited to submit their applications
accompanied by CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 10 February 2023 to:
The Secretary for Health and Child Care
1st Floor Kaguvi Building
Corner Simon V Muzenda Street/Central Avenue
P.O. Box CY1122