University of Zimbabwe
DUE : 09 DEC 2022
Reporting to: the Director, UZ Press
This position is responsible for overseeing the printing process of University of Zimbabwe Press
(UZ Press). The Printing Press Manager ensures that UZ Press print production stays on
schedule, within budget and of a consistently high standard as well as managing other aspects of
UZ Press’ print production needs, such as design services or copywriting.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
The Applicant should have:
• An HND or higher in Machine Printing from a recognised institution.
• Qualified and tested Artisan Class 1.
• Certified Manpower Development Authority of Zimbabwe 4 year apprenticeship.
• A relevant qualification in management.
• 5 years’ experience, with traceable references, preferably in a commercial printing
(books and stationary) environment is a plus.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a management capacity.
• Demonstrable leadership and collaborative skills a must.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Managing employees by providing guidance and feedback on how to improve their
• Ensuring that all projects are completed within budget and on schedule.
• Managing the workflow of the unit by scheduling employee shifts, monitoring
quality control, and ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget.
• Developing relationships with suppliers to ensure the unit’s production schedule
demands are met.
• Coordinating with marketing staff to plan promotional materials and campaigns to
increase brand and service awareness in the market (internal and external).
• Leading efforts to complete production projects.
• Maintaining inventory of supplies and materials needed to complete projects.
• Ensuring the effective and efficient use of print machinery.
• Ensuring collaboration between different staff in different departments.
• Developing new business.
• Recommending changes and improvements.
• Superior organization to complete all tasks on time.
• Effective communication (written, spoken, digital).
• A high level of creativity and attention to detail.• Excellent knowledge of the latest printing technology used in printing and
production to ensure the quality of the final product.
• A team player with a customer-oriented approach with an ability to foster a
collaborative approach to accomplishing tasks.
Applicants must submit six (6) copies of applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full
personal particulars which should include full names, place and date of birth; certified copies of
national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience,
current salary, date of availability, telephone number and names and addresses of three (3)
referees. Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar
Department of Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
P O Box MP167
Or hand delivered to University of Zimbabwe, Administration Block Room 113.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 9 December 2022.