Ministry of Health and Child Care
DUE: 10 FEB 2023
The vacancies below have arisen in the Ministry of Health and Child Care under the Global
Fund HIV, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria grants. Applications are therefore being invited from
suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the posts
Reports to Director NMCP
Summary of key functions
The Malaria Pre-Elimination Coordinator is a senior level position based at the National Level. The Coordinator will liaise with members of Provincial Health Executives to ensure smooth implementation of
The officer will act as the Focal Point for pre-elimination activities with the following expected outputs:
1. In consultation with Provincial Health Teams, coordinate the development of the elimination plans and overseeing their implementation
2. In consultation with the Provincial Health Executes, establish a notifiable system for all malaria cases and ensure all malaria cases are reported
3. Reorient public and private health delivery structure towards the new goal of malaria elimination in the country.
Develop a Pre-elimination Framework for the private sector health care providers.
4. Set up an elimination database, including GIS-based data on foci, cases, vectors, parasite isolates and interventions. Establish an epidemiological investigation system for all malaria cases in pre-elimination districts.
5. Assist provinces in delimiting Malaria areas and establish an inventory of transmission foci (mapping)
Working together with the Assistant M&E officer to carry out critical analysis of malaria pre-elimination data to track progress towards malaria elimination in the country.
6. Establish and/ or maintain joint cross borders activities with the aim of standardising control interventions across borders.
7. Ensure classification of every malaria case, after case investigation, is done.
8. Perform retrospective analysis of the timing of IRS versus the onset of local transmission in sprayed localities
9. Facilitate training of health workers in malaria case investigation, contact tracing and case follow up for malaria pre-elimination
10. Facilitate the training of the community and its leadership on their roles in malaria pre-elimination activities
11.Coordinate the development of training manuals focussing on preelimination.
Qualifications and experience
1. A Bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences
2. Masters degree in Health Sciences is an added advantage
3. At least five years’ experience working in the public health delivery especially at district or provincial levels.
Candidates who meet the requirements of the posts are invited to submit their applications
accompanied by CVs and certified copies of certificates not later than 10 February 2023 to:
The Secretary for Health and Child Care
1st Floor Kaguvi Building
Corner Simon V Muzenda Street/Central Avenue
P.O. Box CY1122