Talent House Limited
DUE: 17 NOV 2023
About the role:
Our client is actively searching for a skilled and experienced professional to assume the position of Plant Maintenance Engineer. This role entails reporting to the Head of Supply Chain. The selected candidate will have direct oversight of the engineering department’s team and, indirectly, will oversee engineering contractors and production staff.
. The main functions of this role will be :
- To implement and supervise the effective installation, repair and maintenance of all production machines.
- To ensure that all breakdowns are given urgent attention and that they are solved within responsible time.
- Required to select, train and recommend training and/ or the promotion of promising employees.
- Provide expertise as and when required for special projects ensuring engineering technicalities are sound.
- Ensure the organization is 100% compliant to all guidelines ,regulations and Laws of Zimbabwe on all issues to do with Engineering and plant maintenance.
- Coordinate with other Production teams on operation issues as directed by the Supply Chain Head.
- Schedule technicians to ensure availability of specialists around the clock.
- Develop machine modifications as and when required and lead craftsmen on the intended fabrication, construction, and installation of said revisions.
- To lead all engineering department technicians in machinery design, the planning, development and executions of mechanical projects, and oversee efficiency of all engineering projects.
- Direct and coordinate the productivity of engineering operations, focusing on quality assurance, machine performance, and maintenance.
- Review all maintenance and preventative maintenance activities to assure adequacy to maintain equipment in excellent working order.
- Assess the technical accuracy of work performed in the department.
- Establish administrative policies, procedures, and standards for production plants maintenance.
- Have clearly defined and detailed seasonal and annual plans to achieve maximum productivity.
- Execute approved projects and through satisfactory completion by controlling expenditures for related equipment purchases and /or; labour.
- Ensure that procedures for project bid comparison, vendor contract issue and specification review, etc. are transparent and meet expectations.
- Produce engineering department reports as and when required.
- Advise the Production Manager, assist with project planning, utilities data tracking, cost control /reduction, regulatory reporting, plant tours, assist with the presentations, facilitate improvement teams, etc.
- Ensure 100% compliance with regulatory requirements, facilitate plant visits and inspection.
- To develop efficient supervisory, managerial personnel and assign them with challenging, specific tasks.
- To ensure there is an up-to-date production organogram with a succession plan in place.
- Responsible for ensuring 100% compliance of EH&S of the engineering team.
- Prepare budgets and cost estimates for the engineering department.
- Approve all engineering division expenditure before forwarding to Finance Director & Country Manager for final approval.
- To collaborate with the HR office in the application of company policy and procedures, and to ensure all employment conditions adhere to the Labor Laws of Zimbabwe.
- To maintain a harmonious working relationship between management and workforce and the unions.
- To ensure discipline in your area during working hours and to see to employee’s welfare. You will attend to their grievances and ensure that settlements are communicated to them.
Internal relations :
- Country Manager, Finance Director, Supply chain head, Production Manager, Human Resources Manager, Factory mgr, Sustainability officer.
- Suppliers, Regulatory Bodies and Contractors
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- At least Eight (8) years+ relevant experience in a similar position
- Strong troubleshooting and technical skills, as well as familiarity with general plant safety rules.
- leadership, communication, and collaboration abilities.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management and organizational abilities.
- Ability to manage costs and reduce/optimize where needed
- knowledgeable in extensive process manufacturing equipment
The incumbent will receive a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 17th of November, 2023.