Webdev (Pvt) Ltd
DUE: 18 OCT 2023
We are looking to hire a skilled WordPress developer to design and implement attractive and functional websites for our clients. You will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development including the implementation of WordPress themes and plugins as well as site integration and security updates. To be a successful WordPress developer, you should have in-depth knowledge of front-end programming languages, a good eye for aesthetics, and strong content management skills. Ultimately, a top-class WordPress developer can create attractive, user-friendly websites that perfectly meet the design and functionality specifications of the client.
Webdev (Pvt) Ltd is Zimbabwe’s leading web & e-mail hosting, online marketing, e-commerce, online payments, and Digital Marketing, a multi-award-winning company and also a market leader.
- Meeting with the project manager and client to discuss website design requirements.
- Designing and building the website front-end.
- Creating the website architecture.
- Designing and managing the website back-end including database and server integration.
- Generating WordPress themes and plugins.
- Conducting website performance tests.
- Troubleshooting content issues.
- Conducting WordPress training with the client.
- Monitoring the performance of the live website.
- Perform backend/database programming for key projects
- Stay up to date on industry standards and incorporate them appropriately
- Assist with testing, debugging, documentation, and overall quality assurance of projects before handing over projects for QA by the Project Manager.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science information technology, engineering/ or related
- Proven work experience as a PHP, MySQL, and WordPress developer
- Knowledge of code versioning tools including Git, Mercurial, and SVN.
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug.
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Ability to manage projects.
- Good communication skills
Reporting to: the Digital Marketing Project Manager
Working with: The Design and Developer Team
Individuals interested and meet the above criteria should click this link https://forms.gle/aZ41C4o841fPWG4H9 to apply before 18 October 2023.