Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
DUE: 21 NOV 2023
Type of contract: Fixed term duration, with a three-month probation period
Immediate Supervisor: Project Medical Responsible
Starting Date: December 2023
Objective of the Post:
The Pharmacy Supervisor is responsible for the general function of the MSF pharmacy and supervises the pharmacy supply chain processes for mobile outreach. Work is done in accordance with MSF standards, protocols and procedures and with Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) standards to ensure efficiency and operating availability.
- Ensure MSF pharmacy stock supply, management and storage, as well as hygiene and security procedures
- Oversee the availability of drugs and medical materials, according to MSF protocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the MSF Logistics and Medical Departments
- Coordinate the delivery, reception and record keeping for local and international pharmaceutical orders
- Manage tools, and protocols for quality control (pests, rodents, etc.) and ensure strict storage conditions (temperature, humidity, light exposure, etc.)
- Update stock files and inform Supervisor regularly on status (pending shortfalls, over-stocks, expiry dates, etc.)
- Fill orders for drugs and medical materials for outreach clinics and review dispensing records to ensure efficient and appropriate consumption patterns
- Supervise the supply of drugs to providers and patients, according to medical prescriptions, consumption patterns and conditions for optimal therapeutic progress
- Record all items received and issued in the ERP system (Isystock) and report on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed
- Inform on unusual patterns and forecast future needs to ensure availability and rational budget use
- Train clinical and dispensing staff on pharmacy standards, dispensinb protocols, side effects, and any key matters
- Ensure the Medicines Control Authority of Zimbabwe (MCAZ) protocols are respected
Educational and Professional Background
- Current registration with the Pharmacist Council of Zimbabwe
- Essential, Diploma/Degree in Pharmacy
- Experience as Medical Warehouse or Pharmacy Supervisor
- Essential Microsoft Office and ERP experience
- Essential English language fluence, advantage with fluency in any local languages
- Motivation to work in an international/inter-cultural context with a humanitarian team spirit
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Clear knowledge & experience of all legislative instruments and procedures of medical supplies
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should forward their detailed CVs & motivation letter indicating the position being applied for on or before 21 November 2023, to The Human Resources Assistant, MSF-Belgium, 4 Lawley Street, Gwanda or by email to
N.B. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of advert closure.
Please note that MSF-Belgium, Zimbabwe Mission does not solicit any organization or individual to recruit on their behalf.
No fee is charged throughout the recruitment, selection, and placement process. Canvassing will lead to disqualification of candidates. MSF values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic origins, religion or belief or sexual orientation
Qualified candidates from Matabeleland South are encouraged to apply.