Cure International Children's Hospital
Efficient maintenance of OR to ensure good and efficient services by the surgeons. Accountable for effective delivery of services in the OR in line with the Theatre Nurse in charge
- Ensure a good working environment for the department through good teamwork and preparation of working areas.
- Maintain patient safety by organising the operating room, initiating damp dusting, and ensuring aseptic technique at all times.
- Maintain confidentiality with patient records and be a patient advocate.
- Setting up for cases adequately and appropriately adhering to standards of infection control and ensuring sterility of equipment
- Good communication and report-writing, skills
- Able to make sound decisions
- Versatile in the scrub, circulating, anesthetic assistant, and PACU roles
- Must be able to detect and correct anomalies by taking appropriate actions
- Be well versed with Code Blue and able to attend to emergencies [BLS and PALS certified]
- Ensuring the specimen obtained is kept under optimal conditions, labeled appropriately, and sent for correct investigations following set guidelines
- Knowledgeable with various equipment and instruments for specific procedures.
- In collaboration with the CSSD ensure adequate supply of clean linen to the theatre, proper storage of autoclaved instruments, and accurate pack safety
- Be well versed with the different theatre areas IE preop assessment Admission Intra op recovery and handover for transfer to ward
Qualifications: Education and Experience Required at Entry:
- Minimum of a Diploma in Theatre Nursing
- A minimum of two years experience as an OTN