With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
ROLE: NUTRITION OFFICER (2 Roles)
PROJECT SITES: BUHERA, CHIPINGE, CHIREDZI, BIKITA
The successful candidates may be posted in any of the project areas.
To provide field leadership, support and facilitate planning, designing, and implementation of multi-sectoral health and nutrition project activities aimed at
strengthening prevention, early identification and surveillance for wasting in the context of El-Nino-induced drought. in Buhera, Chipinge, Bikita, Chiredzi and Beitbridge. He/she will work closely with MoHCC as well as other partners working in the nutrition and protection space to plan, implement and monitor project interventions which include MiYCN-e, IMAM, social and behaviour change for nutrition as well as capacity strengthening for subnational food and nutrition security committees.
- Facilitate implementation of approved plans by coordinating the efforts of all partners (individuals, households, communities, government development agents and other WV projects in the area);
- Ensure that different interventions are complementary and link well with other project sectors and partner interventions
- Preparation of monthly operational Budgets, expenditure analysis and making recommendations for efficient resource management.
- Facilitate timely resource allocation to district and ward-level MOHCC structures for programme implementation.
- Enhance the sustainability of program activities by ensuring community and stakeholder involvement and participation in the project cycle.
- Facilitate the preparation of operational plans with communities and key stakeholders using a participatory methodology
- Follow up on the development of emergencies and report on developments to the Project Coordinator
- Facilitate program documentation in line with WVZ and donor requirements
- Present regular progress and impact reports at appropriate meetings including district nutrition-related coordination meetings.
- Compilation of periodic and activity reports for the district in full compliance with donor requirements.
- Ensure all key documents are filed in a systematic manner
- Facilitate the organization and coordination of meetings and training workshops with the community and other stakeholders.
- Facilitate the identification and response to community training needs, barriers and enablers to uptake of recommended behaviours.
- Develop the capacity of local community leadership structures for sustainable development.
- Facilitate identification of specifically targeted households for different interventions based on set criteria.
- Facilitate capacity building of community health workers and stakeholders
- Facilitate active screening for early identification and referral of children with acute malnutrition
- Facilitate MiYCF-e and CMAM support and counselling through community health workers
- Facilitate capacity building and roll out of the Care Group
- Model towards improving uptake of recommended behaviours.
- Degree in Nutrition
- 3 years experience facilitating nutrition-related projects.
- Financial management and budgeting for accountability of resources and an in-depth knowledge of project design, project management, project implementation and proposal writing is essential
- Good understanding and knowledge of community development
- In-depth knowledge of WV’s field operations in both relief and development contexts is an added advantage.
- Ability to write proposals and ensure proper documentation of program activities
- Ability to lead community-based participatory long and short-term planning.
- Ability to ensure integration of relief, development and advocacy.
- Ability to maintain close relationships with other NGOs, community structures and government agencies.
- Ability to respect and relate appropriately to people of other faiths.
- Computer literate
NB: Shortlisting will be done as the applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is an equal opportunity employer and a Christian organization that conducts recruitment without bias towards race, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, marital status, parental or pregnancy status, or disability. We actively oppose racism, discrimination, and harassment, fostering an inclusive environment where diversity is valued and embraced. Qualified women and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
#No payment at any stage of recruitment
#No Agents are involved
#All applications are done on the World Vision Careers candidate profile.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only