MSI expects an RFTOP to be released by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Economic and Business Affairs, Office of Monetary Affairs’ (STATE/EB/OMA). The purpose of this solicitation is to conduct a performance evaluation that will inform the development of mechanisms to support STATE/EB/OMA’s Fiscal Transparency Innovation Fund (FTIF) program.
Since 2012 the State Department and USAID have provided foreign assistance funding through FTIF to help governments improve budget transparency and support civil society organizations promoting fiscal transparency. STATE/EB/OMS is now seeking information to improve its processes for selecting, monitoring, and measuring technical assistance efforts that are designed and implemented, primarily by U.S. diplomatic missions abroad, to build public and institutional support for strong fiscal transparency regimes. Specifically, STATE wants to assess: To what extent are FTIF technical assistance projects improving foreign governments’ budget transparency?; To what extent are FTIF technical assistance projects targeting the appropriate government deficiencies?; What evidence is there that FTIF technical assistance projects are generating a greater demand for fiscal transparency?; How sustainable are the results of technical assistance projects?; and What are the challenges and lessons learned?
Should STATE select MSI through this RFTOP, one Evaluation Local Consultant will support the evaluation team in each of the three countries: Ecuador, The Gambia and Zimbabwe. Each consultant will be responsible for helping to collect and analyze data to support the evaluation, providing local context and expertise, and helping to coordinate the team’s travel and data collection in each country. Should travel not be an option, data will be collected remotely.
- Provide support to the evaluation team, including context on public finance in each subject country, and arrangement of interviews, focus groups or other data collection efforts.
- Contribute to the design, testing and use of data collection tools, and in preparing analyses of collected data.
- Contribute to data analysis, data presentation and report writing.
- Travel, as required, to participate in data collection and meetings with implementing partners and client stakeholders.
- A bachelor’s degree is required though a master’s degree is preferred, ideally in economics, public finance or a related field of study.
- At least five years’ experience working on economic development/public sector administration programs and a strong understanding of this type of programming in the countries selected for evaluation for which they will serve as a local consultant.
- Direct experience and knowledge of donor assistance in related areas is highly desirable.
- Experience participating in program evaluation of donor-funded programs is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical and research skills, including in qualitative and/or quantitative methods, is highly desired.
- Must be fluent in English and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience implementing and/or evaluating such programming funded by the Dept. of State is preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel within one’s country is required.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com