Family Aid Caring Trust (FACT)
DUE: 10 NOV 2023
Family Aid Caring Trust (FACT) is a Christian national development NGO based in
Zimbabwe. It implements sustainable development initiatives to improve people’s livelihood,
Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH), HIV Prevention, HIV and AIDS care and support as well
as health activities
Position: Medical Laboratory Scientist
Reports to: Site Manager
Roles and responsibilities:
A medical laboratory scientist (MLS), works to analyze a variety of
biological specimens at the Site Clinic. The incumbent will be responsible for performing scientific
testing on samples and reporting results to Site Manager for further management. Below are the main
Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs laboratory tests, records patients and Quality Control (QC) results, transcribes patient and
QC results to appropriate reports and/or result logs.
• Recognizes and resolves instrument and/or assay failures, acting as internal technical advisor for
instrument troubleshooting on the laboratory’s major and minor equipment.
• Carries out corrective actions for patient and QC results as directed by the Site Manager
• Assists subordinate laboratory staff members in daily workflow, to include, but not limited to
prioritizing specimens, specimen storage, and assay resulting and reporting.
• Judiciously uses laboratory resources, to include, but not limited to instrument reagents, QC
material, equipment and supplies.
• Maintains accurate reagent and asset inventory
• Assists in training of other technical employees
• Assists in supervision of laboratory safety issues, including medical waste management and
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences or Diploma from a recognized institution.
• Minimum three years as a Medical Laboratory Scientist/Technician in VCT, hospital or research
• Ability to run automated and manual lab equipment.
• Registered with Medical Laboratory and Clinical Scientists Council of Zimbabwe.
1. Click here and complete the form not later than 10 November 2023 COB.
2. Send a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that both steps are carried out to complete the application process.
Background checks will be done for successful candidate to ensure child safeguarding
and protection in all our work. FACT commits itself to protecting children whom its staff,
volunteers as well as outsiders may get into contact with. The organization is mandated
to serve the best interest of all children through protection from abuse, harm and
exclusion, child participation and development in all its programs.
FACT is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in terms of race, tribe,
place of origin, political opinion, color, creed, gender, pregnancy, HIV/AIDS status or,
subject to the Disabled Persons Act [Chapter 17:01].
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be notified