Midlands State University (MSU)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following posts:
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND GEOSCIENCES, MECHANICAL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
Post A: Mechanical Engineering Technician/Senior Technician – Boiler Making /Plate Welding (1 post)
Qualifications and Experience
- Journeyman Class 1 in Fabrication/Boiler Making/Plate Welding.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Production/Plant/Draughting and Design Technology).
- A BTech/BEng/BSc Degree in Mechanical/Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years hands-on experience in workshop practice, industrial/plant design, welding (SMAW, OAW, MIG, TIG) and workshop supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate would be required among other things to: –
- Design and set up a boiler making workshop.
- Install, test and commission new machinery.
- Repair and maintain workshop machinery and equipment/tools.
- Train students and conduct research.
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resource)
Midlands State University
The application documents should be sent as a single merged pdf file. This advert will remain active until the advertised post have been filled.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.