Steel Centre International
DUE: 10 NOV 2023
We are seeking a skilled and detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Steel Centre Managerial Accountant. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the financial operations and providing accurate financial information to support decision-making within our steel center.
1. Financial Reporting: Prepare and analyze financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements. Provide timely and accurate financial reports to management, highlighting key performance indicators, trends, and areas for improvement.
2. Budgeting and Forecasting: Collaborate with department heads to develop annual budgets and periodic forecasts. Monitor actual financial performance against budgeted targets, identify variances, and provide insightful explanations and recommendations.
3. Cost Analysis: Conduct cost analysis to identify cost-saving opportunities, improve operational efficiency, and optimize resource allocation. Analyze inventory and production costs, overheads, and expenses to ensure accurate costing and pricing decisions.
4. Financial Planning and Analysis: Support strategic planning initiatives by providing financial insights and analysis. Evaluate investment opportunities, assess the financial feasibility of new projects, and contribute to the development of business cases.
5. Internal Controls: Establish and maintain robust internal controls to safeguard company assets and ensure compliance with financial regulations and accounting standards. Identify and mitigate financial risks, implement control procedures, and monitor adherence to policies.
6. Variance Analysis: Investigate and explain significant variances between actual and budgeted financial results. Collaborate with operational teams to identify root causes, implement corrective actions, and improve financial performance.
7. Financial Systems and Processes: Continuously evaluate and enhance financial systems and processes to streamline operations, improve data accuracy, and increase efficiency. Propose and implement system enhancements or upgrades as needed.
8. Team Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams, including operations, sales, and procurement, to gather financial data, provide financial guidance, and support decision-making. Collaborate with external auditors during annual audits and provide necessary documentation.
1. Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field is required. A professional accounting qualification (e.g., CPA, CMA) is preferred. Previous experience as a managerial accountant or financial analyst in the steel industry or a related manufacturing sector is highly desirable.
2. Strong Analytical Skills: Proficient in financial analysis, cost accounting, and variance analysis. Ability to interpret complex financial data, identify trends, and provide actionable insights to drive business performance.
3. Advanced Excel Skills: Demonstrated expertise in Excel and other financial software applications. Experience with ERP systems and financial modeling tools is a plus.
4. Attention to Detail: Meticulous and thorough in financial analysis and reporting. Strong attention to detail to ensure accurate and reliable financial information.
5. Communication and Collaboration: Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate financial information to stakeholders at all levels. Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and build strong working relationships.
6. Ethics and Integrity: Uphold the highest standards of ethics and integrity in financial reporting and decision-making.
If you have a passion for finance, strong analytical abilities, and a desire to contribute to the success of our steel center, we encourage you to apply for the position of Steel Centre Managerial Accountant. Join our team and be part of an organization committed to excellence in the steel industry.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline is the 10th of November 2023