Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology
DUE: 22 SEP 2023
Local Product Support Technician
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a global leader in the supply of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry. We offer a diverse range of opportunities through our businesses and cross-border networks, enabling you to explore your potential and thrive.
The Site Product Support Technician will be responsible for performing diagnosis, machine assembly,
maintenance and repair work on Sandvik Mining machinery.
Key Performance Areas:
The Site Product Support Technician will be responsible for assisting with maintenance of Sandvik Mining equipment. The role requires close relationships with site personnel and team members to ensure requirements and time frames are met. The various skills/competences are, among other things:
- Mature and self-disciplined and readiness to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Repair equipment/machinery to manufacturer’s specifications
- Perform fault diagnosis, maintenance, and repair work on Sandvik equipment within set time frames and budget
- Good route cause analysis and resolution techniques coupled with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and customer focus culture.
- Commitment to adhere to safety, health and environmental management procedures and standards.
- Ensuring that all maintenance work meets OEM Standards.
The Site Product Support Technician is expected to have
- Trade Certificate of Competence in either of the following trades (Mechanical or Electrical).
- Minimum 3-5 years post trade/apprenticeship experience in maintaining heavy vehicle machines/
- proven Competence as Earthmoving and trackless Mining Equipment Technician/ Artisan.
- Exposure to, products and knowledge of Sandvik underground mining equipment will be considered a distinct advantage.
- The role will be based at Ngezi.
Please apply online through Workday (ESS) here , reference: R0056609
Applications close: 22 September 2023
We offer you an interesting role in an international business environment as well as opportunities for your professional development. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers.
Deadline: Sep 22