LLB Degree from a recognized institutionMembership of a professional body.Registration with the High Court of ZimbabweMinimum of 10 to 15 years’ experience in a law firm and/or in an-inhouse legal departmentsSound knowledge of contracts, data protection lawsHigh analytical and problem-solving skills as well as detail oriented.
Main activity 1-Agreements Management and Review
Main Task 1: Draft, review, vet and negotiate all contracts and legal documents.
Main Task 2: Act as a watchman in Compliance issues and ensure due diligence is done before the Company and/or its affiliates signs an agreement.
Main Task 3: Act as a member of the Records Committee.
Main Activity 2: LitigationMain
Task 1: Act as an interface between the Company and/or its affiliates and external lawyers and report on progress on cases under litigation.
Main Task 2: Review all pleadings from external lawyers before they are filed, attend the court pleadings.
Main Task 3: Effect, where applicable, amicable out-of-court settlement of claims made against the Company and/or its affiliates by 3rd parties.
Main Activity 3: Company Secretarial Work-TotalEnergies Marketing Zimbabwe (Pvt) Limited and/or its affiliates
Main Task 1: Prepare and submit annual returns.
Main Task 2: Organise and prepare all documents for Board meetings and AGM.
Main Task 3: Updating Company records whenever there is a change.
Main Activity 4-Legislation Update and Legal advice
Main Task 1: Update management on new legislation that affects the Company’s business and/or its affiliates.
Main Task 2: Provide legal advice in matters as may be requested by the business.
Main Task: 3: Give unsolicited legal advice in a preventive or pro-active manner to the management of the Company to forestall material legal consequences for the Company and/or its officers and/or its affiliates
Main Activity 5: Insurance
Main Task 1: Coordinate insurance renewals and claims settlements for the Company and/or its affiliates.
Main Activity 6: Licensing
Main Task 1: Co-ordinate license renewals-Procurement License and Blending licenses.
Main Activity 7: External Affairs
Main Task 1: Build and maintain a relationship with the main stakeholders of the Company, namely ZERA, Association of Oil Marketing Companies, Ministry of Energy, Ministry of Transports.
Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by Management
- Main accountability 1 Ensures proper filing and keeping of all original legal documents in a safe place
- Main Accountability 2: Liaises with and supervises the external lawyers to ensure that the company’s legal position and legal rights are protected and defended.
- Main Accountability 3: Overall management of the legal and insurance portfolio of the Company and/or its affiliates to ensure the Company’s interests are always protected
- Main Accountability 4: Company’s compliance and/or its affiliates with statutes, applicable laws, regulations and administrative rules
- Main Accountability 5: Liaises with all relevant regulatory bodies on all regulatory matters concerning the Company’s operations
Main Accountability 6: Controls budget related to Legal costs. Contexte et environnement Zimbabwe is going through time of extraordinary socio-economic changes in which the business environment has legal implications on the ease with which companies can conduct business in the country.
Click here to apply