UNESCO - United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
DUE : 08 NOV 2022
ONLY NATIONALS OF THE REPUBLIC OF ZIMBABWE ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the direct supervision of the UNESCO Regional Office for Southern Africa Social and Human Sciences (SHS) Head of Unit and Programme Specialist, the Junior Project Officer for the UNPRPD UNESCO Programme shall be responsible for supporting the UNPRPD Project Officer in implementing and monitoring the UNESCO ROSA UNPRPD Projects Portfolio (namely, the Zimbabwe Fourth Round Project, Eswatini Fourth Round UNPRPD Project and the UNPRPD Multi-country project implemented in Mozambique, Namibia, Tanzania and Zimbabwe projects).
1. Provide programmatic support to the UNPRPD Project Officer for the effective implementation of the UNESCO ROSA UNPRPD Projects
• Provide day-to-day programme support to the UNPRPD Project Officer in planning and implementing and tracking progress on the UNPRPD projects workplans;
• Provide consistent and timely support to UNPRPD Project Officer and SHS Team in designing and organizing workshops and activities for the UNPRPD Projects
• Support the drafting of UNPRPD Projects meeting minutes and workshop reports for the respective UNPRPD Projects;
2. Provide technical support to the UNPRPD Project Officer in coordinating the UNPRPD activities
• Contribute to supporting Project Officer for the development of the 3 Annual UNPRPD Donor Reports;
• Provide support in organizing partners / steering Committee meetings
• Facilitate communication and coordination with the UNPRPD focal points in the UNESCO offices covered by the Project (Windhoek, Maputo and Dar-es-Salaam)
3. Filing, Documentation, and Knowledge Production & Management
• Undertake effective and timely documentation of all 3 UNPRPD programme activity reports and administrative documents, and consistent uploading of electronic files on the 3 projects into the right folders;
• Assist in the production of UNPRPD Programme Newsflashes, Tweets and web content as required across the 3 Projects
• A Postgraduate Degree in any Social Sciences related field or Project Planning & Management
• At least two year of progressive experience in implementing Social Development related activities that combines programming in disability inclusion or programme management/support
• Experience in working with Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience working in the UN system is an added asset
• Fluency in English
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Awareness, sensitivity regarding Disability Inclusion and working with persons with disabilities;
• Willingness to work independently
• Creative Problem Solving;
• Effective Communication;
• Good knowledge of disability inclusion programming;
• Ability to administer, execute finance and administrative processes;
• Ability to produce and manage quality data, documents, correspondence, reports and information;
• Strong financial and budgeting skills;
• Strong IT skills.
Proven ability to work in a multicultural environment Languages
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. Click here to apply.
No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.