MSU - Midlands State University
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post:
INTERNAL AUDIT SECTION
POST A: INTERNAL AUDITOR (1 Post)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Accounting/Internal Auditing/Business Studies/Taxation
- At least 3 years auditing experience.
- Membership to the Institute of Internal Auditors, PAAB or any relevant professional body is an added advantage.
- Proven teamwork and problem-solving abilities;
- Strong ability to work on multiple tasks or assignments;
- Possess excellent communication skills;
- Possess strong organizational skills;
- Possess a high level of professionalism, integrity, and truthfulness in all dealings;
- Possession of sound independent judgment;
- Possess strong knowledge of auditing standards, procedures, laws, rules, and regulations;
- Possess advanced skills in computer applications like Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other accounting software;
- Strong ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds;
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The incumbent will report to the Senior Internal Auditor and the Chief Internal Auditor and will be responsible for:
- Carrying out full audits of the organization; including assessing risk and the necessary risk management steps to forestall fraud;
- Ensuring controls management regarding financial reliability and compliance by making sure that directions and regulations are strictly adhered to;
- Preparing and presenting reports that clearly reflect the audit results;
- Acting objectively by giving independent advice in order to ensure legality and achievement of organizational goals;
- Maintaining and improving on existing open communication with management;
- Assisting to document the audit process and preparing audit findings;
- Assisting in following-up on audit assignments given to other Audit Clerks
- Checking all accounting processes and databases;
- Reviewing and inspecting budgets and other related financial records and statements;
- Helping to review and proffer solutions to internal audit issues;
- Checking and verifying conformity with industry standards, best practices; and institutional guidelines.
- Participating in meetings with different departments in order to update audit findings and improve on the audit process;
- Working in a team in order to achieve the aims and objectives of the organization;
- Recommending the best and proven ways for an organization or company to avoid fraud and reduce risks;
- Evaluating the internal control of the organization or company;
- Working harmoniously with external auditors as requested by the organization.
NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resource)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format.
This advert will remain active until all the advertised posts have been filled.
Applicants should clearly state the post being applied for in the subject line. It should also be noted that non-adherence to any of the above instructions will automatically cause the application to be disqualified.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.