DUE: 20 OCT 2023
CeSHHAR Zimbabwe is an organisation that specialises in population health research and programming, including on sexual and reproductive health and HIV/AIDS. CeSHHAR has an extensive national, regional, and international academic and community partnership network. CeSHHAR has a diverse range of funders which include the Wellcome Trust, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, United States NIH, UK Medical Research Council, Templeton World Charity Foundation, USAID, Global Fund for AIDS TB and Malaria, UNICEF and UNFPA. We partner very closely with the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (UK), Zimbabwe’s Ministry of Health and Child Care and international and regional centres of research excellence to evaluate national programmes and determine the impact, uptake, and cost effectiveness of novel reproductive health interventions
Duty Station: Harare, Zimbabwe
Contract Type: Fixed term. Renewable
The Data Analytics Intern will play a vital role in assisting with the collection and organization of individual participant data from different studies while ensuring compliance with data sharing agreements and privacy regulations. They will support the research coordinator in procuring research data from diverse sources and assist with various tasks related to data harmonization.
Key responsibilities include: –
- Assist in the collection and organization of individual participant data from different studies, ensuring adherence to data sharing agreements and privacy regulations.
- Collaborate with the research coordinator to procure research data from various sources, including databases, surveys, and electronic health records.
- Support tasks related to data harmonization, including data cleaning, standardization, and integration.
- Assist in the identification and resolution of data quality issues during the data harmonization process.
- Collaborate with the research coordinator and other team members to ensure data accuracy and consistency.
- Document and maintain clear records of data collection, organization, and harmonization procedures.
- Contribute to the generation of visualizations and reports to communicate key findings and insights from the harmonized datasets.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in data science, biostatistics, epidemiology, public health, or a related field. Strong interest in health data analytics and data harmonization techniques within the healthcare research domain. Basic understanding of data privacy regulations and ethical considerations in handling sensitive health data. Proficiency in data cleaning and manipulation using software such as Python, R, or SQL. Eagerness to learn and apply data harmonization techniques to integrate heterogeneous datasets. Good attention to detail and ability to work with large datasets.
If you are interested in the above position, please email your CV and application cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Manager by 20th October 2023 (4.30pm) and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
CeSHHAR Zimbabwe is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, sexual orientation, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply.
The successful candidate will undergo relevant background checks and will be required to commit in writing to comply with the CeSHHAR Zimbabwe safeguarding guidelines.