Midlands State University (MSU)
DUE: 16 FEB 2024
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following posts:
RESEARCH AND INNOVATION OFFICE
POST B: ICT OFFICER
Qualifications and Experience
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Sciences.
- At least three (3) years of working experience.
- The candidate must possess good leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills at all levels within and outside the University.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain and troubleshoot all network and computer related issues;
- Integrate security, physical control solutions for all confidential data and systems;
- Monitor performance and manage parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users;
- Perform front-line work in responding to support requests;
- Assisting users with technical issues through desktop software, e-mail, and phone conversations.
- Ensure all applications and equipment are in efficient operation, replacing or repairing peripheral devices (i.e. printers, modems, routers)
- Providing technical advice on the most suitable software, hardware and other IT requirements.
- Assist with high performance computing.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resource)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format.
The closing date for this advert is 16 February 2024.
Applicants should clearly state the post being applied for in the subject line.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.