JF Kapnek Trust
Chiredzi x2, Gutu x1 & Mwenezi x2
Objectives for the position
- Conduct targeted HIV testing as per national guidelines:
- Collect DBS samples on HIV exposed infants and counsel caregivers.
- Counsel HIV-positive clients and link them to care and treatment.
- Counsel HIV-negative clients and link them to prevention and support services.
- Provide quality care for HIV-positive clients on Anti-retroviral (ART) Treatment
- Facilitate linkage between HIV testing, diagnosis, care, treatment, and support.
- Provide adherence counseling and initiate clients on ARV treatment.
- Support identification of clients who are defaulting for tracking and tracing.
- Provide high Quality Cervical cancer and other NCD cervices for PLHIV.
- Develop treatment plan for each client.
- Appropriate referral for all clients with any other NCDs.
- Proper referral for further treatment in consultation with hospital doctor.
- Documentation of clients in the relevant monitoring and evaluation tools and registers:
- Record and maintain filing system for all client records as per MOHCC procedures.
- Prepare monthly report on services rendered for submission to supervisor.
- Monitoring and acquittal of Histology Coupons.
Functional skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience of working within the Ministry of Health and Care public sector.
- Working under minimal supervision, self-motivation and self-driven to achieve set goals and targets.
- Computer literacy and ability to generate electronic reports daily.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Diploma/Degree in Nursing, Registered General Nurse (RGN)
- Postgraduate qualifications (midwifery or community nursing) are an added advantage.
- Class 3 Drivers’ license or willingness to ride a motorbike is a must.
- Registration with Zimbabwe’s Nurses Council
- Training, knowledge and experience in cervical cancer screening and HIV care and treatment