DUE: 12 NOV 2023
Grants and Compliance Graduate Intern x 2 (Finance x1; Programs and SIE x1
Reporting to the Grants and Compliance Officer or Grants and Compliance Manager; the Grants and Compliance Intern will be responsible for assisting in the performance of risk-based internal audits for OPHID and its sub-recipients to enable compliance with funder rules and regulations, statutory laws, contractual obligations and internal policies and procedures.
- Assist in identifying risks that relate to OPHID and its sub-recipients from all operations.
- Assist in assessing OPHID and its sub-recipients’ systems, policies, and procedures adequacy to enable efficient administering of donor funds.
- Data capturing with guidance from the Compliance Management System.
- Verify that all documentation and audit trails are complete and compliant with established standards, policies, and procedures.
- Report and present findings and provide recommendations for solutions in relation to any areas of internal control weaknesses and areas for improvement.
- Support management to ensure timely closure of audit recommendations for OPHID and sub-recipients.
- Assist in instituting investigations on reported compliance issues.
- Assist in maintaining a file of all grants and compliance-related documents.
Person Specifications for the Grants and Compliance (Financial Intern)
- A degree in Accountancy or Finance.
- Minimum of 1 year experience and demonstrated practical skills in Accounting, Finance, or Auditing.
- Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations is an added advantage.
Person Specifications for the Grants and Compliance (Program and SIE Intern)
- A Degree in Operations Research/ Demography with at least one-year attachment.
- Diploma in M&E is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 1-year experience and demonstrated practical skills in monitoring health care and support programs; Demonstrated working knowledge of information systems and hardware, quantitative data collection systems, including familiarity with processes of strengthening district-level.
- Familiarity with PEPFAR indicators and reporting requirements will be an added advantage.
Other Person Specifications
- Knowledge of various applicable Zimbabwe laws and regulations is required.
- Organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- High level of numeracy and ability to pay attention to detail.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in IT, and Excel.
Step 1: Click Here and Complete the Application Form.
Step 2: Submit your cv, certificates and application letter via email to: email@example.com clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
OPHID does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, technical test, oral interviews, processing, training, or any other fees).
While OPHID may from time to time engage external consultants for the facilitation of the recruitment process, only OPHID has the right to offer employment to candidates. No third parties have been authorised to offer employment on behalf of OPHID.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to. If you do not receive any communication within a month from the date of closing, consider your application as unsuccessful.