University of Zimbabwe
DUE : 09 DEC 2022
Applicants must be below 26 years of age and possessing a minimum of first degree in
Library and Information Science or equivalent qualification with at least an upper
second class (2.1). The applicants must also be abreast with the current trends in higher
education, librarianship and information science, relevant developments in Information
and Communication Technologies, learning technologies and teaching practices. The
applicants must have the ability to learn and grasp concepts quickly.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To provide high quality training through the development, design and delivery of
Information and Digital Skills programme, in both class based and online
• Manage the development of both print and electronic collections and supporting
departments, researchers and students to address significant, new resource needs
for the effective delivery of Education 5.0.
• Provide support for scholarly communication and publishing to all researchers.
• Market, promote and manage the use of Library facilities and spaces, supporting the
use of eResources, bibliographic databases and the development of subject guides.
• Review, redesign and update Library web pages.
• Engage key stakeholders and user groups through staff and student inductions,
outreach and promotional events.
• Participate in relevant professional development programmes and contribute to the
professional knowledge base through publications and conference presentations.
• Undertake data-driven evaluation of new and existing services and products to
ensure their effectiveness and inform future decisions.
Applicants must submit six (6) copies of applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full
personal particulars which should include full names, place and date of birth; certified copies of
national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience,
current salary, date of availability, telephone number and names and addresses of three (3)
referees. Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar
Department of Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
P O Box MP167
Or hand delivered to University of Zimbabwe, Administration Block Room 113.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 9 December 2022.