Primrose Gold Mine and Gold Mining Investment
We suggest you enter details here.
This is a full-time on-site role for a Geotechnician located in Harare. The Geotechnician will provide technical support for the successful execution of drilling, sampling, mapping and quantitative geotechnical data analysis of mining activities, with the objective of improving safety and productivity on site. The Geotechnician will carry out site investigations, rock mechanics analysis, perform geological mapping, take geological samples, and present data analysis for both mining and exploration programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining, Geology, Rock Mechanics, Applied Geology, or a related field
- At least two years of experience in the mining industry, preferably in an underground mining environment
- Good understanding of rock mechanics and geotechnical engineering principles, and experience in carrying out rock mechanics testing and analysis
- Experience in geological mapping and sampling, and knowledge of logging procedures
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, and to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Proficiency in the use of geotechnical software, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office Suite