CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse.
To provide technical support in the implementation of gender interventions for the project across the consortium .
• Reviews project documentation (e.g., proposal, Annual Operating Plan, log frame, work plan) and develops an action plan that is responsive to the project needs in relation to gender and protection.
• Develop activity plans and Individual Operating Plan (IOP) for disaster preparedness & response activities.
• Plans and executes rapid gender assessment at the outset of an emergency in project districts/ neighbouring districts
• Develops a gender action plan for the project and submits to Team Leader.
• Develops and updates appropriate tools on gender to support the gender action plan.
• Develops a gender and protection framework and action plan for the project.
• Ensure that disaster preparedness training modules, materials and SOPs that are developed by consultants are gender sensitive.
• Ensure that community-based response disaster plans, disaster preparedness messaging and disaster preparedness awareness campaigns are designed in a gender sensitive manner.
• Ensure that the identified Evacuation centres meet gender and protection standards.
• Distributes, shares and follows up on project specific material on gender and protection to project staff, partners and stakeholders.
• Provides ongoing technical support on gender to project staff, partners, and stakeholders to ensure adequate capacity development.
• Produces monthly progress reports and submits to the Team Leader and DRR Specialist.
• Maintains contact with key partners and stakeholders in the gender sector including Ministry responsible for gender, UN Women, CSO.
Degree in Social Science/ Gender Studies/Development Studies/Policy Studies
4-5 years’ experience with development programs working on Gender- and protection.
Experience on gender and protection in humanitarian preparedness & response is an added advantage.
Click here to apply