Midlands State University (MSU)
DUE: 31 JAN 2024
POST D: FLOOR SUPERVISOR ( 1 POST )
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 ‘O’ Level subjects including Mathematics and English
- Diploma or Degree in Marketing/Business Management/Retail Management.
- At least 1 years’ experience in retail industry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for attaining set revenue at and maximise profit.
- Recommend and drive implementation of strategies and tactics that help maximize sales at the least possible costs.
- Recommend and implement tactics to ensure attainment of set number of products sold target.
- Account for all departmental stocks in the floor (merchandising).
- Ensure adherence to set timelines stock counts and that all variances are promptly reported to the Assistant Shop Manager.
- Implement strategies that ensures that departmental stock losses are minimized and managed properly.
- Ensure implementation of controls to manage shrinkage through theft, damages and expiry using contemporary methods for stock management.
- Implement plans to ensure zero departmental stock-outs and maintain a correct product mix that satisfies customer needs and preferences at all times.
- Regularly engage with customers and obtain feedback and customer expectations on the product range, product mix and quality.
- Conduct regular market analysis, understanding competitor activity and collate all the market intelligence information, and share with shop management for strategic planning purposes.
- Responsible for ensuring that targeted contributions levels of house brands are achieved and that house brands obtain share of prime shelf space.
- Recommend mark-downs and re-merchandise as appropriate and adhere to set stock holding periods and avoid product expiry on shelf or warehouse.
- Jointly work with the Buyer and Shop Manager to manage shop lay-out, product mix on the shelves and ensure effective product displays,
- Adhering to Catman and ensuring that product distribution to the customers is smooth, timeous and efficient.
- Control and liaise with external merchandisers.
- Ensure the implementation of set systems that minimize stock holding period and stock losses due to breakages, theft, poor displays unaccounted deliveries.
- Monitor the safety standards at the department, managing cases of workplace hazards such as fire safety or any possible injury at work.
- Monitor the effective implementation of SOPs to avoid workplace hazards, and submit recommendations to the Assistant Store Manager on the interventions to eliminate workplace hazards.
- Ensure that the Floor department 100% compliance on the cleanliness and hygiene of the sales floor area and fixture and fittings (shelving, fridges & lighting) in a good state.
- Ensuring that Floor staff have appropriate protective clothing in the Floor department.
- Ensure that all departmental staff members are effectively executing their responsibilities and align team with activities that will ensure that business goals are met.
- Conduct quarterly staff performance appraisals and ensure departmental staff have an opportunity for ongoing training programmes.
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resource)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format.
The closing date for this advert is 31 January 2024.
Applicants should clearly state the post being applied for in the subject line. It should also be noted that non-adherence to any of the above instructions will automatically cause the application to be disqualified.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.