Econet Wireless Zimbabwe
DUE: 07 NOV 2023
Develop operational strategy for the reporting department in order to ensure that internal and external stakeholders of the Group receive accurate and timely financial information for decision making. To provide the business with sound financial reporting guidelines to comply with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Review annual and half-year consolidated financial statements to ensure compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) and accurately reflect the performance of the Group.
- Coordinate the preparation of the group annual report.
- Prepare research papers on complex telecom transactions for IFRS financial reporting and determine relevant information for financial statements.
- Review and approve annual research documents on changes in IFRSs and recommendations for changes in accounting policies.
- Prepares operational strategy document for Finance-Reporting Department.
- Review and approve reconciliations and general journals prior to processing to ensure accuracy and validity.
- Prepare the Group annual reporting timetable to meet statutory reporting timelines.
- Analyse and approves reports prepared by the accountants for examination by internal / external auditors.
- Review findings of internal auditors and implement plans to rectify any control deficiencies noted.
- Assist CFO in appointing external auditors to conduct investigations and agreed procedures.
- Review internal controls to identify control weaknesses and areas of business risk to design and implement mitigation controls.
- Develop finance focused training material including IFRS and complex transactions for training of the reporting department.