Family Aid Caring Trust (FACT)
DUE: 10 NOV 2023
Family Aid Caring Trust (FACT) is a Christian national development NGO based in
Zimbabwe. It implements sustainable development initiatives to improve people’s livelihood,
Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH), HIV Prevention, HIV and AIDS care and support as well
as health activities
Position: FINANCE OFFICER
Reporting to: Finance and Administration Manager
Purpose of the position:
The Finance Officer will be responsible for the implementation
of effective and accountable financial and asset control systems. He / She will be
responsible for capturing transactions in pastel, processing payments, preparation of bank
reconciliations and ensuring supporting documentation is properly constituted and filed.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Process payment requests and writing of cheques upon receipt of approved and complete
• Ensuring that all accounting information, and transactions are captured on time and
correctly in accordance with FACT Financial reporting standards.
• Support the FAM in providing required information to clear and process outstanding
bank reconciliation items on time.
• Preparation of monthly Financial Reports to the Donor and forwards for approval and
submission to the FAM.
• Ensure payment packages have proper supporting documents in compliance with policies
and donor requirements.
• Preparation of VAT schedules, monthly submission of VAT Claims and supporting
• Provide technical assistance and capacity building to other staff members, including
interpretation of policies, setting up of systems, trouble shooting and resolution of
Experience and qualifications
• B Com (Hons.) Accounting/Bachelor of Accounting.
• studying towards a professional qualification e.g., ACCA, CIMA, or CA will be an added
• A minimum of three (3) years post qualifying experience in management of programs
funded by the USAID as well as managing finances for other donors.
• Has in-depth knowledge of USAID financial management rules and regulations.
• Conversant with Pastel Evolution accounting package.
• Compliance related experience is an added advantage.
1. Click here and complete the form not later than 10 November 2023 COB.
2. Send a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that both steps are carried out to complete the application process.
Background checks will be done for successful candidate to ensure child safeguarding
and protection in all our work. FACT commits itself to protecting children whom its staff,
volunteers as well as outsiders may get into contact with. The organization is mandated
to serve the best interest of all children through protection from abuse, harm and
exclusion, child participation and development in all its programs.
FACT is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in terms of race, tribe,
place of origin, political opinion, color, creed, gender, pregnancy, HIV/AIDS status or,
subject to the Disabled Persons Act [Chapter 17:01].
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be notified