Transparency International Zimbabwe (TIZ)
DUE: 20 NOV 2023
Transparency International Zimbabwe (TIZ) is a non- profit, non- partisan, systems orientated local chapter of the international movement against corruption. Its broad mandate is to fight corruption and related vices through networks of integrity. TI Z was established in 1996 and became accredited as a national chapter in 2001, as one of six such chapters in Southern Africa.
TI Z therefore, seeks to recruit aFinance Assistant. Under the overall guidance of the Finance Manager, the Finance Assistant will be responsible for financial accounting and providing maximum support to ensure impact of the projects through supporting and coordinating financial matters supporting the operations of the organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains the general ledger and initiates all financial data entry into the accounting system.
- Managing payments, debtors and creditors for the organisation and reconciling the receivables and payables accounts timely.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and monitoring project expenditure to ensure all expenditure is allowable and allocable.
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts
- Assist in the preparation of management accounts and annual financial statements.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, bi-annual, and annual financial reports in line with the requirements of the organisation and its partners.
- Take part in the preparation for desk audits, compliance visit checks, project audits and the institutional audit.
- Prepares and timeously submit monthly statutory returns (ZIMRA, NSSA)
- Assist the administration department in the maintenance of fixed assets.
- Manages the daily treasury of the organisation.
- Assist the Finance Manager and MEAL Officer in validation monitoring.
- Undertakes other duties as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a complete professional qualification such as CIS, ACCA, CIMA
- Working knowledge of accounting procedures and experience using MS Excel, Pastel Evolution and Belina payroll
- At least 4 years of experience working in an NGO finance environment.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualities.
- Honest, ethical and hard working
- Excellent team player with an ability to establish credibility internally and externally.
- Pay attention to detail.
- Fluency in English required (written and verbal). Knowledge of Shona and Ndebele is an asset.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines and team player.
If you meet the qualifications and would like to be considered for the position, please send your 3 paged CV with 3 contactable references and a letter of motivation stating why we should hire you and the value that you will add to the organisationwith the email subject line “FINANCE ASSISTANT” firstname.lastname@example.org copying email@example.com