As part of our expansion strategy to implement solar light distribution projects and programmes in Zimbabwe, Namene is currently seeking a District Sales Supervisor to be based in Uzumba Maramba Pfungwe (UMP), Mashonaland East.
Contract Type: Fixed term up to 12 months, with the intention to extend thereafter
Reporting To: Regional Sales Supervisor
Start Date: November 2023
The UMP District Sales Supervisor shall be directly responsible for planning, executing, and managing sales of solar products in the district They will recruit, capacity-build and supervise a team of sales agents in the district, alongside managing products, stock and organizational resources too. They will be responsible for managing and preparing reports for lights sold sharing these with the Regional Sales Supervisor or senior management as required. They’ll also be responsible for some budget management and timely cash collection from sales agents, as well as banking and cash reconciliation.
Role And Responsibilities
- Ensure district operations are carried out in an appropriate and cost-effective way.
- Purchase materials, plan inventory and oversee stock and warehouse management.
- Ensure district procedures remain compliant with organisational processes.
- Formulate district operational work plans and weekly and monthly team targets.
- Manage the district budgets and prepare budgets and distribution forecasts.
- Recruit, train and supervise sales agents and team leaders in the district.
- Identify ways to improve the quality of customer service in the district.
- Plan, report and schedule site visits and sales of lights in the district.
- Provide quality control in data collection and management for projects in the district.
- Responsible for lead generation and product sales for lights and other products.
- Meet or exceed weekly and monthly sales goals.
- Help determine pricing schedules for promotions, negotiations and light donations.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports required for the project certification.
Data Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC)
- Ensure complete capture of sales data at point of sale by sales agents and provide local quality control in data collection and management for projects in the district.
- Manage inventory in the district and report any variations to the Regional Sales Supervisor.
- Identify, secure and manage local warehouse/storage and transport services.
After Sales Management
- Manage and retain relationships with existing clients, and train Sales Agents
- Identify and map business strengths and current and future customer needs, reporting on successes and areas needing improvements.
- Provide local assistance to troubleshoot and report back to the After Sales Manager on warranty issues and provide records of lights repaired or replaced and their faults.
- Coordinate collection of worn-out lights for recycling/safe disposal on a weekly basis.
- Represent Namene in events, conferences and at local meetings.
- Regularly travel to project sites to supervise distribution activities.
- Coordinate with local stakeholders and ensure Namene’s commercial activities follow national laws and business principles.
Human Resource Management
- Manage team of sales and after sales agents.
- Identify talent pool for potential hires for sales agents team leader positions.
- Tracking sales agents performance and sharing the information with the Supervisor.
Skills And Experience
It is essential that candidates for this role have substantial lived and working experience of UMP, with a detailed knowledge of the geography and communities that make up the area. Preference will be given to candidates who are already based in the area. In addition, we are looking for the following;
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in sales, business administration, or relevant experience is required
- Substantial full-time working experience in Zimbabwe, ideally in areas related to logistics, fast moving consumer goods (FMCG), energy or sustainability.
- Understanding of relevant communities, with the ability to convert this knowledge to deliver sales growth
- Experience in project management, including resource management and reporting.
- Work experience as Key Account Executive or similar role is an added advantage.
- Problem solver, able to optimize processes with great initiative and capacity to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Excellent communication skills in English and proficiency in a local language
- High aptitude for data quality control and quality assurance for monitoring.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Suite, particularly in Excel and the use of databases.
- Able to prepare sales and distribution projections for solar lights and solar products.
- Team player able to delegate and distribute tasks and responsibilities within a team.
- Active listener, customer oriented and able to improve processes and services provided to clients and partners.
$400 to $500 gross per month dependent on experience.
Additional bonus / commission related to product sales.
Why join the Namene Solar Team?
From problem-solving product designers to superstar sales agents, we need a diverse team of talented colleagues to deliver our purpose to empower every community through clean technology.
Namene offers a host of benefits for all our team members, including:
- Hyrbrid working: flexible and remote working with a talented team of colleagues from all over the world.
- Career development opportunities: as a growing company, we’re able to provide opportunities for career progression and development and the chance to really make a mark both in Namene and the clean energy sector
- A career filled with purpose: be part of an impact-driven company working to transform lives and livelihoods through clean technology
At Namene, we understand that good business isn’t just about what you do, but how you do it. We’re guided by our values: integrity, care accountability, courage, inclusion, aspiration, creativity and collaboration.
These values are embedded in all the work we do. As a fast-growing company, we are often looking for people who share our beliefs.
As a team, we are global and diverse. We value every team member’s unique background, experience and skills. As a hybrid company, our culture is trust-based and supportive to provide team members with flexibility and ownership of their work.