Population Services Zimbabwe
DUE: 17 NOV 2023
The incumbent cadre will be responsible for assisting the Pharmacy Technician with the preparation and distribution of pharmaceuticals, inventory management, and documentation within the pharmacy. The incumbent will also be responsible for promptly deal with queries from patients and caregivers, deal with all face-to-face queries, ensuring a smooth prescription service and issuing prepared prescriptions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following among other duties:
- Assists in the dispensing of medicines to clients and ensure the right medication is given to the right client in right quantities.
- Clean surfaces (Damp Dusting) where medicines are stored to ensure compliance with PSZ Infection Prevention Control Policies and local legislation
- Assist in the proper storage and stacking of medicines according to the First Expired, First Out (FEFO) principle
- Participate in stock take as per PSZ Calendar
- Counting out tablets when filling prescriptions
- Coordinate over the counter (OTC) sales and assist customers with product lines
- Operate till accurately and handle money in a safe and secure manner in line with PSZ Finance Policy
- Reconcile daily cash transactions in conjunction with the Pharm tech/Pharmacist for safe keeping
- Follow standard operating procedures and maintain a clean and organised dispensary area
- Maintain client/patient confidentiality and privacy at all times
- Assist in Pharmacy related tasks as assigned
To succeed in this role, you must have:
- 5 ”O” Levels, Math and English included
- Certificate in Dispensary Assistant or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Certificate in Dispensary Assistance, knowledge in Medical Drugs and New Health 263 system package is an added advantage
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical terminology, medicine classes, and dosage forms
- Familiarity with stock control and inventory management and Familiarity with prescription and over-the-counter medications.
- Good organizational and multitasking skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in medication preparation.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Understanding of pharmacy laws, regulations, and ethical standards
Applications, should quote job applied for – for example “Donor Compliance Officer” – in the email subject field, and should include a cover letter and a curriculum vitae with three (3) referees. Closing
Date 17 November 2023.
Emails to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This application is open only to Zimbabwean nationals or permanent residents with work permits.
Early applications are encouraged as shortlisting and interviews will be on a rolling basis
Only shortlisted applicants being considered for interview will be contacted.
PSZ is an equal opportunity employer promoting diversity, equality and inclusion. Our selection process
reflects our commitment to the protection of vulnerable persons and safeguarding employees and
communities from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse. PSZ does not solicit for payments in any form at any stage of the recruitment process.
The successful candidate will undergo relevant background checks and will be required to commit in writing to comply with the MSI / PSZ safeguarding guidelines.