CARE is a leading humanitarian organization dedicated to fighting poverty and social injustice with a special emphasis on women and girls. CARE began working in Zimbabwe in 1992 in response to severe regional drought and has since expanded programming to address longer-term development issues. The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to the country office.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse.
The incumbent will be responsible for capacitation of stakeholder on DRM inclusive on disaster preparedness for response at all levels (District Civil Protection Committees), providing technical support on environmental management and impact, providing technical back stopping on DRM main activities inclusive climate change adaptation and generating DRM reports.
- Identifies current and emerging risk factors, their underlying causes and actions that could help reduce the impacts of future hazards.
- Produces a Disaster Risk Management work plan and develops a DRM training plan.
- Identifies programming opportunities and challenges to strengthen and support communities build community resilience.
- Provides technical backstopping on DRM and Resilience to consortium partners.
- Conducts DRM rapid assessments and collate data from primary and secondary sources of data.
- Conducts DRM coordination and review meetings with the CPC and other stakeholders.
- Prepares concept notes for workshops in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Follows up of the implementation of the DRM and CAAP plans ensuring integration of gender and youths.
- Establishes a road map to community resilience and link the DRR resilience to food security, WASH, environment, and inclusive market systems.
- Participates in DRM coordination and collaboration platforms at district and consortia level.
- Promotes project DRM activities working closely with the Documentation and communication officer.
- Consolidates districts and consortia narrative reports.
- At least a Degree in Environmental Studies, Natural Resources and Managements and Agriculture Communications, Social Sciences/Monitoring and Evaluation or related field
- A certificate /Diploma or any other training/courses related to DRR and Resilience will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years plus working experience in Disaster Risk Reduction, Resilience Programming, Climate Smart Approaches, DRM preparedness, Community Mobilisation.
- Experience in training using participatory methodologies, gender, and youth mainstreaming.
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us CARE Legal. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, national origin, handicap, disability, marital status. CARE is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environment , including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment.