University of Zimbabwe
DUE : 09 DEC 2022
Applications from suitably qualified members are invited to fill the following posts:
1. Deputy Librarian: Research and Learning
Reporting to Librarian, the Deputy Librarian – Research and Learning, will be responsible
for ensuring excellence in the design of library teaching and learning programmes,
research, innovation and industrialisation of University knowledge outputs.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
The Applicant should:
• Possess a Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or any other relevant
• Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant post-qualification experience at senior
management level in a University or research library environment.
• Possess skills and competencies in the delivery of Information and Digital Skills.
• Demonstrate innovativeness and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Possess knowledge about the policy and regulatory framework and environment
that guide the higher education sector in Zimbabwe.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate the delivery of the University-wide Module on Information and Digital
• Coordinate the design and implementation of the Library Module for Postgraduate
• Coordinate Library support to research, innovation and industrialisation ecosystem;
• Coordinate the delivery of research support services to Faculties and Research
• Coordinate the training of clients and Library staff;
• Coordinate the purchase and subscription of information resources that support the
delivery of the Heritage-based Education 5.0;
• Develop systems to promote and track the uptake and utilisation of knowledge
outputs from the University of Zimbabwe by government, industry and society;
• Coordinate and develop proposals for fundraising and grant proposal for the Library;
• Conduct staff performance management;
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the University Librarian.
Applicants must submit six (6) copies of applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full
personal particulars which should include full names, place and date of birth; certified copies of
national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience,
current salary, date of availability, telephone number and names and addresses of three (3)
referees. Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar
Department of Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
P O Box MP167
Or hand delivered to University of Zimbabwe, Administration Block Room 113.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 9 December 2022.