Education Development Trust
DUE: 05 NOV 2023
Education Development Trust Zimbabwe is seeking a Short Term Technical Assistant (STTA) to monitor data collection processes, validate, and analyse the collected data and produce bi-annual assessment report and baseline report. Specifically, the following are key areas to be supported by the STTA:
- Monitor the process of data collection including tools review and recommended edits, field spot visits during surveys, competency assessments, full lesson observations, diagnostic score sheets and data on non-readers.
- Conduct data verification exercises to check on reliability of the data.
- Make sense of data collection tools and objectives of the tools and processes, to check validity of data collection tools and processes.
- Incorporate EDT guidance on analysis of tools – particularly school leader competencies and lesson observation.
- Review baseline document
- Review TEACH TPD materials.
- Review of other materials as required.
- Develop an Inception Report with analysis plan for the bi-annual assessments and baseline incorporating EDT comments and feedback.
- Re-analysis of existing baseline data as required.
- Analyse baseline data for new districts according to the analysis plan
- Analyse bi-annual assessment data according to the agreed analysis plan. Include data from different sources and produce preliminary results. Analysis to include comparison with baseline.
- Produce an inception report which includes the analysis plan and report outline.
- Produce a bi-annual assessment report covering progress on Teachers and Heads competencies, acquisition, application and use of knowledge, learner progress or status on numeracy and literacy. Ensure all necessary disaggregation which at minimum should include gender, disability, district, province and type of school (primary/secondary).
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience
- Experience in data collection tools development and refinement, particularly in the education sector and on teaching quality and instructional school leadership competencies.
- Experience in data analysis including learning assessments, teacher and schools data.
- Evidence of previous relevant work including baseline, midline and end line assessments.
- Qualifications: Degree in Education is an added advantage.
The role is currently confirmed for 35 days, commencing as soon as possible.
Closing date: Sunday 05 November
Interviews: Will take place on an ongoing basis.
Application process: Please visit our website where you can download the Terms of Reference and apply. Once you click apply you will be required to complete a short online application form and upload your CV.
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis and reserve the right to close our vacancies early.
Education Development Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults whom we work with and come into contact with around the world. All applicants are subject to thorough screening and for applicable roles, successful candidates are subject to relevant criminal record checks with national police authorities or the UK’s Disclosure and Barring Service.
At Education Development Trust, we strive to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, can be themselves and knows they can reach their full potential. We embrace and celebrate our differences through various initiatives and support colleagues through a number of staff networks. We’re committed to building a strong, diverse workforce and making Education Development Trust an inclusive place to work. If you have specific requirements or adjustments, please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application. We are proud to be a member of the Disability Confident employer scheme.