- Mutare, Mutare, Manicaland, zw
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization dedicated to fighting poverty and social injustice with a special emphasis on women and girls. CARE began working in Zimbabwe in 1992 in response to severe regional drought and has since expanded programming to address longer-term development issues. The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to the country office.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Communication Specialist, you will be responsible for developing and implementing effective communication strategies that promote USAID Takunda’s overall goal and activities. You will work closely with stakeholders to ensure that the message is delivered to the right audience through various channels. The communication specialist works within the Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation team focusing on knowledge capture, documentation, and dissemination.
- Developing and executing communication plans: You will be responsible for developing and executing communication plans that align with the organization’s goals and objectives. This includes.
- Maintain an up-to-date communication strategy and workplan.
- Ensuring that the staff can capture and draft images and stories of impact on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensuring that the program has the resources to ensure they align with the brand guide and promote high level content that reflects the ambitions of the program participants and stakeholders.
- Creating multimedia content and maintaining project & consortium brand identity
- You will be responsible for creating multimedia assets that effectively communicate the organization’s message to a wider audience.
- working with other members of the USAID Takunda team to develop creative concepts and storyboards.
- lead the design of all branding resources for USAID Takunda in support of commemorations and other events complementary to the program’s work. This includes designing apparel, presentations, and signage and supporting procurement processes with the relevant materials and quality assessment.
- Monitoring Media Coverage and Digital Engagement and stakeholder relationships You will be responsible for all program social media channels and first respond to all web inquiries. This includes.
- Managing the program’s website, front-end, and back-end. You will be responsible for managing stakeholder relationships to ensure that they are informed about the organization’s activities and initiatives.
- Developing engaging communication materials that effectively communicate the organization’s message, such as reports and presentations, newsletters, press releases and technical documents for various platforms (social media and the program website).
- Monitoring media coverage of the organization to identify opportunities for positive coverage and to mitigate negative coverage. This includes developing media relations strategies and building relationships with media professionals.
- Reporting: You will be responsible for the consolidation of stories and photo galleries on a quarterly and annual basis. This includes creating thematic compilations as and when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, visual communication, journalism, public relations, Information Science, Knowledge Management, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in communications, journalism, visual communication, or marketing.
- Experience with design thinking principles
- Demonstrated use of the Adobe Creative Suite and/or other similar software
- Demonstrated use of a content management system
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confidence in presenting ideas to stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills.
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us CARE Legal. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, national origin, handicap, disability, marital status. CARE is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environment , including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment.