DUE: 06 NOV 2023
Station: Head Office
Deadline: 6 November 2023
We are seeking highly qualified and experienced applicants to be considered for the position of Communications Officer for the HIV care and treatment, DREAMS, E-HR Impilo and VMMC programs. Zim-TTECH’s activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; epidemiology and strategic information strengthening, health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; prevention, care, and treatment of infectious diseases.
Under the direction of the Executive Director and working in close coordination with the Head of Programs of various programs within Zim-TTECH the position is responsible for developing and implementing both internal and external communication and media strategies through the website, social media, newsletters, and other available channels. The incumbent will lead in the promotion of Zim-TTECH’s brand and program activities and support the Executive in fostering positive relations with different stakeholders.
- relationships with communications vendors and service providers including printers, media, graphic designers, and advertising specialty companies.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Communications-related degree.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in the communications field for non-profit organizations and/or public sector projects, preferably in HIV/AIDS, public health, or other development work.
- Background training or experience in journalism, public relations or marketing, and social media savvy will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of the local media industry – print, radio, and television.
- Knowledge of content creation, digital marketing, social media, and web analytics.
- Strong photography skills and willingness to learn.
- An understanding of social media tools and strategies, as well as media relations.
- Fluency in various social media platforms, including Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Project coordination experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, knowledge of AP style.
- Well versed in the development of websites and web content management systems, especially Drupal and/or WordPress (certification in either of the two will be a distinct advantage).
- Must be a quick learner, especially in the field of technology.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented and possess excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work in teams and independently.
- Must possess proficiency in MS Office 365 platforms, OneDrive, Microsoft Teams
Commitment to Diversity
Zim-TTECH recognizes that disparities in health around the globe stem from inequity. Therefore, the organization encourages and supports the multiple identities of staff including, but not limited to, socio-economic status, age, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity and expression, culture, spiritual practice, geography, mental and physical disability. Zim-TTECH strives to become a local, national, and international leader in developing and maintaining increased representation and recognition of each of these dimensions of diversity among its staff.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, and certified copies of certificates clearly indicating position applied for to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.