DUE: 22 NOV 2023
Qualification: 3 years Sales or Marketing qualification
Experience: 3 – 5 years’ experience in Sales or Marketing
Closing Date: 22 November 2023
With a history spanning over 150 years, Nestlé didn’t become the world’s leading food and beverages brand by chance. Perfection is at the heart of what we do, and our people are always looking for the next big idea to cement our status. We’re now looking for a Commercial Development Manager in Zimbabwe.
Working as a Commercial Development Manager you will be responsible for supporting the CCSD Manager to develop the Category and Channel agenda within the market to deliver long term Category growth and profitably increase market share.
A day in the life of a Customer Development Manager:
Delivering Category Growth
- Implement the Category and channel growth vision to ensure category sustainability and growth based on consumer, shopper, and customer requirements.
Manage effective and efficient Integrated Commercial Plans
- Facilitate & co-ordinate the ICP process with the Marketing / Business Unit and Sales.
- Develop and maintain channel plans aligned with Marketing and sales priorities and in line with target objectives.
- Develop expertise on various channels, in relation to the respective category, through active participation in sales activities and maintaining close relationships with the Customer Teams.
- Be the conduit to winning commercial propositions and support the development of customer and field sales plans.
Generate category and shopper insights
- Develop merchandising, space, and display objectives for all channels.
- Facilitate the execution of the in-store vision of success for the category in each channel, monitor its implementation and continuously review the effectiveness of our in-store actions.
- Accelerate our Shopper focus, turning Shopper Insights into actionable in-store solutions (Point of Sale) and through engaging communication across the path to Purchase.
Trade Spend Management
- Co-ordinate the development of an aligned performance related TTS strategy to support priority initiatives.
- Establish clear promotional guidelines by category and channel/customer and bring ideas about trade specific and tailor-made promotions in line with category & brand objectives.
- Continuously evaluate the Return on investment of our trade spend to ensure effectiveness & efficiency.
Facilitate the commercial plan via the Monthly Business Planning process (MBP)
- Facilitate the Monthly Sales Review meeting (MSR).
- Provide the sales view into the consensus demand (MSR) process with uplifts and ROI details.
- Drive discussions on risk’s & opportunities and provide update on category/channel trends.
- Be the conduit to articulate and ensure the execution of any GAP closing initiatives to achieve the commercial plan – Monthly Sales and Marketing Review meeting & Action Plan.
What will make you successful?
- 3 years of Sales or Marketing qualification.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in Sales or Marketing.
- Cross Functional Teamwork.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Planning and organizing.
- Category Management.
- Presentation skills.