Qualification: University degree in Sales/Marketing
Experience: 3 years commercial experience
With a history spanning over 150 years, Nestlé didn’t become the world’s leading food and beverages brand by chance. Perfection is at the heart of what we do, and our people are always looking for the next big idea to cement our status. We are now looking for a Commercial Development Executive to be based in Zimbabwe Factory.
In this role you will be responsible to you will support the Channel Category Sales Development Manager to develop the Category and Channel agenda within the market and to deliver long term Category growth and profitably increase market share.
A day in the life of a Commercial Development Executive:
- Delivering Category Growth by implementing category and channel growth vision to ensure category sustainability and growth based on consumer, shopper, and customer requirements.
- Managing effective and efficient Integrated Commercial Plans:
- Facilitate & coordinate the commercial planning process with Marketing / Business Unit and Sales.
- Develop and maintain channel plans aligned with Marketing and sales priorities and in line with target objectives.
- Ensure winning commercial propositions and support the development of customer and field sales plans.
- Generate category and shopper insights:
- Develop merchandising, space, and display objectives for all channels.
- Facilitate the execution of in-store vision of success for the category in each channel, monitor its implementation and continuously review effectiveness of our in-store actions. Accelerate our Shopper focus, turning Shopper Insights into actionable in-store solutions (Point of Sale) and through engaging communication across the path to Purchase.
- Trade Spend Management:
- Coordinate development of an aligned performance related trade spend strategy to support priority initiatives.
- Establish clear promotional guidelines by category and channel/customer and bring ideas about trade specific and tailor-made promotions in line with category & brand objectives.
- Continuously evaluate the return on investment of our trade spend to ensure effectiveness & efficiency.
- Facilitate the commercial plan via the Monthly Business Planning process:
- Facilitate the Monthly Sales Review meeting (MSR)
- Provide the sales view into the consensus demand (MSR) process with uplifts and ROI details.
- Drive discussions on risk’s & opportunities and provide update on category/channel trends.
- Be the conduit to articulate and ensure the execution of any GAP closing initiatives to achieve the commercial plan – Monthly Sales and Marketing Review meeting & Action Plan
What will make you successful?