DUE: 22 OCT 2023
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Chief of Party, Zimbabwe
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Chief of Party for an upcoming agriculture and value chain activity funded by USAID.
The Chief of Party will provide overall management oversight and technical direction and will guide the entire program with a clear, consistent, and committed vision. They will monitor progress to ensure program goals and reporting requirements are met on time and within budget, complying with USAID and ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures. The program is anticipated to start in 2024 and this position will be based in Zimbabwe.
- Manage and supervise work of all local project staff and subcontractors and local and international consultants
- Lead the overall strategic planning, implementation, and management of the program
- Develop an effective integrated approach of program components, participants, government actors, private sector partners, and other stakeholders
- Ensure quality control and timeliness of all deliverables
- Serve as principal liaison with USAID staff, institutions, and client country partners to exchange information and develop professional relationships
- Monitor program indicators, evaluate program results, and guide program implementation to achieve maximum impact
- Spearhead strategy development and utilize managerial tools and frameworks to improve the ability of the team to achieve project goals successfully and sustainably
- Facilitate the development of the program’s evolving theory of change, overseeing the implementation of the work plan and tracking progress towards core indicators and learning objectives
- Develop systems that support collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) approach, including establishing a culture of adaptive management
- Administer the program’s financial oversight and procedures, ensuring compliance with established ACDI/VOCA’s accounting principles and USAID regulations
- Identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments
- Represent ACDI/VOCA and the program to the public and donor community
- Bachelor’s degree in food systems, business administration, international development, finance, or related field required; master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in agriculture, value chain development and/or economic development, promoting private sector engagement and/or access to finance.
- Knowledge of and experience with USAID rules and regulations is highly desired.
- Previous experience as a Chief of Party for projects with similar magnitude and complexity is highly desired.
- Previous experience scaling solutions through private sector partnerships with agriculture value chain actors, financial institutions, and the private sector.
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully with host-country government officials, financial institutions, international donors, and private sector stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in program designs, planning and implementation of similar projects.
- Experience working in Zimbabwe preferred.
- Fluency in English required.
Zimbabwean nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.