Harare Institute of Technology (HIT)
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in auditing, accounting, or any other relevant qualification from a reputable University.
- In possession of at least one-year relevant experience in Internal Audit or in a University set up.
- Preference will be for candidates who in addition to meeting the above, also demonstrate the following attributes:
- Possess strong analytical skills;
- Are professional with a strong work ethic;
- Willing to work long hours and odd hours as the need arises;
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carrying out audits and assignments in compliance with auditing standards, best practices and IFRS;
- Monitoring and evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of the risk management processes;
- Preparing value-adding reports to management for discussion with management;
- Carrying out value-for-money audits;
- Observing stock counts and other inspections;
- Carrying out follow-up reviews on previous reports to management;
- Other duties as assigned by the Internal Auditor.