Harare Institute of Technology (HIT)
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants should have a Social Science degree from a reputable institution and at least four (4) years post qualification experience, three of which should be in an administrative role in a university set up, be familiar with student information management systems, be fully conversant with academic regulations and procedural cycles in Departments, Schools, Admissions and Examinations Section. He or she must have high level of computer literacy, excellent report writing skills and high personal integrity A Masters degree would be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drafting and ensuring publication of student admission advertisements;
- Assisting in the marketing of programmes on offer at exhibition shows and Technovation Day;
- Processing of undergraduate and post graduate admission applications;
- Liaising with Faculty Administrators and Academic Departments on student admission;
- Managing the student selection process and generating offer letters;
- Managing and compilation of student admission statistics;
- Servicing the Academic Board, Academic Regulations Committee and any other Institute Committees as assigned;
- Verification of local and foreign qualifications with awarding institutions and/or ZIMCHE;
- Supervision of Admissions office staff;
- Handling and responding to admission inquiries and queries;
- Any other related duties as assigned by the Deputy Registrar, Academic Affairs.